Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking into a new build to run the latest dolphin 5 and PS2 titles.

Will the below build be sufficient, is there any place I can cut costs?

Intel i5 7600k
MSI B250M gaming pro motherboard
Kingston DDR4-2133 8GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB video card

Thanks....
Why are you pairing an unlocked CPU with a locked motherboard? For the extra 400 Mhz? Can you can save like $10-$20 if you just go with an i5-7600.
Didn't plan on doing any over clocking, thought minimum board for the 7600k had to be B250.

Could I go for 6600k and lower end Mobo?
I have:
CPU: i7-4700HQ
GPU: GeForce GTX 860m
RAM: 16GB DDR3 (idk the MHz)

I play games at full speed.

But my friend just upgraded a few days ago, he has
CPU: i5 3770 (he had an i5-2400 before that was running most gamecube games fine)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 2GB (he had a GeForce GTX 570 and it was doing okay on most gamecube games)
I don't know about wii games with the rig he had before as he never plays any.

If you can find a GTX 1050 with a higher clock instead of prioritizing VRAM, you'll have higher performance. I say don't get a card with more than 2GB unless you are planning on playing Grand Theft Auto or you will be installing 4k texture packs in your games. Even if you do go with higher VRAM for dolphin and there is a case where you might need it, it would only prevent a couple stutters, the card with higher clock woulld have a higher average framearate with high resolutions.
I do have an EVGA GTX 750ti 2gb gddr5 card in another PC that I'm not using, would this card be sufficient?
(04-25-2017, 05:12 AM)Goldglv Wrote: [ -> ]I do have an EVGA GTX 750ti 2gb gddr5 card in another PC that I'm not using, would this card be sufficient?

That should be fine.
That would save me some money, great.

Will a 6600k with a MSI b150m bazooka Mobo work or is it worth it to spend the extra $60 and go with 7600k and MSI b250m pro-vdh Mobo?
I still don't know why you want a k cpu, but not a z mobo.
My fault, meant a 6600 or 7500. 6600 is actually a bit more expensive.
a 1xx mobo will probably work with a 7xxx cpu, but may require a bios update (and thus another cpu already). I'd go with which ever is cheaper as it won't make a big difference.
Pages: 1 2