Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD Textures Pokemon Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mrpentastic

Hi! I'm new to the forum and new to the world of creating custom textures for games.
I realize that this is in the wrong forum, but as I am a new member (not yet allowed to post in the correct forum) and this is a very early project, I just wanted to simply introduce myself and the idea I had with you guys. 

I've been learning how to dump and load new textures for the past few days and have been completely floored at how cool all of this is. I noticed there were a ton of beautiful HD texture packs and while fiddling with some of the textures, I started to wonder if the textures could look drastically different from the originals. As I started to experiment on Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, and Paper Mario TTYD. I begin to wonder if I could create a different "game" using existing gameplay. Could I combine two of my favorite games into one?  How cool would it be for a Paper Mario TTYD Pokemon Version?

I'm not entirely sure how far I could push the custom textures. But wouldn't it be cool if shops looked like pokemarts and Mario looked like Red? What do you guys think? Should I turn this into a full project? Also, as I am completely new to the custom textures world, I do not know if making it look like a different franchise is a no-no, please let me know if this is considered "not allowed." Thanks!

(Credits to user "Invader" for their excellent and well organized TTYD texture pack that I was able to modify to create the screenshot attached).
There shouldn't be any issue using characters from other games. It's possible, but it wouldn't be easy. It might be worth checking out this thread where someone else was wanting to do something similar to this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-he...ame-images