Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GameCube Dev Kit RAM question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Dolphin support the extended RAM of the various GameCube development hardware solutions? Several of the development hardware solutions have 48 MB of main system RAM instead of 24, and I was just wondering if Dolphin was able to simulate that for the purposes of debugging or game (homebrew) testing, like what would be done on the development systems. Although I guess it would likely be a moot point because Dolphin definitely doesn't emulate any of the other hardware extensions used for debugging (like the elusive Serial Port 2 USB debugger used with the SN-TDEV units), or as far as I know have access to any of the development tools, such as ProDG, right?

I'd link to the comprehensive AssemblerGames list that covers this topic, but apparently they are down for the time being doing extensive maintenance.
Dolphin doesn't have that capability built in, since it's emulating retail units. But it would be very simple to make a custom build with larger MEM1! Or a bigger MEM2 for Wii development.
(04-11-2017, 02:38 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin doesn't have that capability built in, since it's emulating retail units. But it would be very simple to make a custom build with larger MEM1! Or a bigger MEM2 for Wii development.

Alright, makes sense. Thanks. The dev hardware is very interesting to me, but rare as it is, obtaining any doesn't seem likely, and really, I'm not the kind of person that could take advantage of it. (Although I really want to see the USB debugger up close, seeing as it was the only known peripheral to use the Serial Port 2 for anything.)
You can run the Metroid prime 3 GameCube Dev kit beta in Dolphin by changing like one line of code.

So, yeah, it's just figuring out how to implement it cleanly.