Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fastest build of Dolphin so far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I did a quick search for this but couldn't find anything, so if I have accidentally opened up another thread, then soz.

Basically, I'm wondering what the fastest build is at the moment, especially for running games like the two GC Zeldas (well, the two people care about more). Actually, I should be asking for the most efficient one - one that isn't just fast but does a good job and doesn't crash a lot.

Of course, sometimes fast and stable aren't 100% compatible, but if you check my sig you should see why I'm asking this (My mac's 2.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo is very good, however it does have its limits unfortunately, and so does my wallet and casual working hours).

For Windwaker (that name sounds so suss with my Aussie accent) and TP, I think I got best speeds out of either r4466 or r4460 (I'll get back to this post when I figure out which one it was). In fact, I pretty much got 20-30FPS. My celebration ended when TP Link crashed the game by opening a door (exiting some store in Ordon village at the start after those little punks got me to go get them a slingshot) and after playing around with the start menu on Windwaker 1stly crashed the game (given I was pressing 'r' and 'L' just to hear the menu sounds alot), and then in a second instance where I simply saved then exited the start menu the game went to 5FPS out of nowhere.

So they were lightning fast, just lacking the stability component Sad
Dolphin is still in development, so it has it's own flaws still, whether it is compatibility or speed.
I guess different games run best on different builds. Though it would be nice to have one build which runs particularly well with most games ^^
(10-31-2009, 05:25 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is still in development, so it has it's own flaws still, whether it is compatibility or speed.

I'm perfectly aware of that, having been using things in development ever since DOS Tongue I'm just curious as to which version so far has proved fastest, or should I say most playable (which will still be a mighty big stab in the dark because of how I'm running these releases on my little Mac Mini, but generally things tend to correspond with whatever success people have on 32bit versions of XP).

@StripTheSoul

If it helps I'm running really just Zelda Windwaker and Twilight Princess, and I don't mind which one's more supported. Although I like TP more because it's easier for me XD

Nice Konata btw nosound97!
Well twilight princess is slow for everybody in hyrule feilds and faron woods. And the newest builds are pretty good. Make sure you use the dx9 plugin for better speed
Possibly the most obnoxious thread ever..

LOL.. Try looking outside the box. Dig into prehistoric revisions.

Hey btw have you ever attemted to Overclock?
For Windwaker most recent revs are fine, although the last few weeks I used every file that has a DSP in its name from older rev (4415 or so) because the sound got a bit worse in the latest revs...other than that use the JIT version if you experience crashes in two or three rooms of the whole game (played all the way through the last few weeks). For other issues look in the official game thread; all workarounds are there...the only thing you won't be able to do/use is the pictobox and the Tingle tuner, I guess
(11-01-2009, 03:33 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly the most obnoxious thread ever..

um he has a mac meaning he doesn't have a bios....
(11-01-2009, 07:13 AM)extreme64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2009, 03:33 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly the most obnoxious thread ever..

um he has a mac meaning he doesn't have a bios....

:O Sorry didn't know. nvm
There has to be some kind of software (for mac) that at least allows it within the OS itself. No?
Ok lots of things to reply (but thanks people for joining the discussion! Tongue).

@ Diddy Kong:

Lol how is it obnoxious? Forgive me if I've sounded obnoxious because that wasn't my intention, I am a bit detached at times though so maybe that came through Tongue

Overclocking is possible on Mac laptops up until a certain time, and they were PowerPC's, not sure if it's still possible. I'll look into it regardless so thanks for the idea mate Smile

@StripTheSoul:
Cheers, I have been using ILs on the odd occasion, maybe I accidentally used a IL and thats how I got my crashes. I'll check out the game threads too a bit later.

@Extreme64:
Well, dx9 won't work on the Mac, sadly. Which is automatically dooming the Zelda games to OpenGL, I know Sad
Pages: 1 2 3