Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any builds with MotionPlus emulation still around?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First off, I know this isn't officially supported and there are already quite a few threads here asking how to emulate MotionPlus. But I have spent hours pouring over said threads and have not yet found a link that is still up for an old build with the MotionPlus emulation.

Anybody know of where I can find one of those builds? All the links I can find are broken.
The only builds are very old and not supported.
(02-27-2017, 09:08 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The only builds are very old and not supported.

In my original post I said "I know this is not officially supported...", which when translated to English means "I know this is not officially supported" (sorry, I couldn't resist Big Grin).  But in all seriousness, I am not asking for it to be supported, I am asking if anyone knows where I can find one of those old builds, all the links I can find are broken.
All the links are probably dead. Can't even find the original repo that had JPeterson's code changes. Unless you find it uploaded on a 3rd-party site, it's most likely long gone. I'm sure others have might have copies about, but you're on your own trying to get a hold of that.
Also keep in mind that unofficial forks are not supported and likely have tons of issues, even if you do manage to find one.
(02-28-2017, 12:28 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Also keep in mind that unofficial forks are not supported and likely have tons of issues, even if you do manage to find one.

Yea, I know.  But I figured I'd give it a try.  I have found posts of people who have gotten it to work a couple years ago.
....or you could get a real Wiimote with MotionPlus and either a Bluetooth adapter or a DolphinBar
Honestly I think we're getting to the point where it's time to take another stab at emulated motion+. Once the config rewrite is done, it may be time to design something.
Especially as something like a Vive controller should give at least as much information as a Wiimote with MotionPlus. It might need to be adjusted, though, as, for example, rotation data is done via lighthouse stations instead of gyroscopes.
(03-01-2017, 01:08 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Especially as something like a Vive controller should give at least as much information as a Wiimote with MotionPlus. It might need to be adjusted, though, as, for example, rotation data is done via lighthouse stations instead of gyroscopes.

Imo the purpose of an emulator is to not have to have special equipment to play games, vive controller or wii mote dosent make any difference to me, and I'd rather not have to have either.

There are people who got the old motion plus emulation to work well enough to play full games, so I think if some effort was put into it something usable could be made.
Pages: 1 2 3