Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello!

I have a quick question regarding DirectX 11.

I used to have an BFG nVidia GTS 250, but I now bought a DIAMOND ATI Radeon HD 5850 (not screaming, it was in caps on the box :p ) and it replaced my old card.

Dolphin's plugin reads Direct3D 9 - does this mean that I'm not going to get any improvement graphically with a DirectX 11 card?

Also, interestingly enough, CPU-Z lists the card's DirectX version as 10.0.

Thank you! Big Grin
CPU-Z needs to be upadated. No you will not get a graphical improvement because dophin does not and will not use dx11.
(10-29-2009, 09:04 AM)extreme64 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU-Z needs to be upadated. No you will not get a graphical improvement because dophin does not and will not use dx11.

Well not at the moment anyway. I'm a mac user primarily so I have to use OpenGL, but who knows, maybe some time DX11 will be supported somehow. It's open source after all. (this is open source.... right? RIGHT?! *panics*)
The devs already said they won't be implementing it
and there is no reason to do so as the graphics which Wii and GC provide do not need it Wink
if my memory were right?
Wii game just created by DirectX 9
Maybe the next Generation Nintendo Machine use DirectX 11
even better?
Not really, Wii/GC games are based on an OpenGL fork. Xbox games are written in dx9. PS3 also uses a fork of OpenGL.
(10-29-2009, 09:04 AM)extreme64 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU-Z needs to be upadated. No you will not get a graphical improvement because dophin does not and will not use dx11.

Hmm, i wouldn't say that.
There's a lot of things we could do better by using DirectX 10/11 instead of DirectX 9, and a DirectX 11 plugin is something which was in the talk some time ago, don't know if it will ever be done, but it's not unlikely Tongue
(11-01-2009, 04:08 AM)sl1nk3 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmm, i wouldn't say that.
There's a lot of things we could do better by using DirectX 10/11 instead of DirectX 9, and a DirectX 11 plugin is something which was in the talk some time ago, don't know if it will ever be done, but it's not unlikely Tongue

Try to remember who was thinking about coding it. Then think about who got banned from the forum. they were both mudlord and since he was the one that was going to make it, i really doubt it is going to happen
Yeah , The last think we need is to increase the minimal requirements ( And I don't want a vista )
Pages: 1 2 3 4