Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can't get load custom textures to work after going from 5.0 to 4.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For whatever reason I get slow down in 5.0 and far less with 4.0.2 for this particular game. So i've swithced to it, only problem is I can no longer load custom textures. I have no idea why it won't work but nothing I've tried affects it. Any ideas?
The custom texture format has changed since 4.0, so you may have downloaded a pack that was designed for the old Dolphin. Which texture pack and game are you using?
(02-13-2017, 06:09 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]The custom texture format has changed since 4.0, so you may have downloaded a pack that was designed for the old Dolphin. Which texture pack and game are you using?

Arc Fantasia Rise. And this https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ar...extures-ui
Had a similar problem with xenoblade chronicles, whenever I went down to 4.0.2 texture packs wouldn't work.
Any ideas? Desperate here Tongue
We don't support 4.0.2. You'll need to use at least 5.0 to get any support here.

But I'll tell you this much: the texture packs are designed with features of 5.0 in mind. You really need at least 5.0!
The custom texture format changed from 4.0.2 to 5.0. Custom Texture packs won't work on the older builds.
I see, thank you for the info.. saved me a lot of trouble. I had no idea there were newer versions after 5.0, thats why I was using an older version as 5.0 gave more slow down. I've switched to the latest build and have less slow down and the custom textures again.

Thanks for help.