Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gameini for Project M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

not_dexters_lab

I typically run games at 3x internal resolution, but for SSB Melee and Project M, I like to keep it at native to reduce any possible lag. For melee, I had no issue editing the gameini file and getting it to run in native resolution, but when I did the same to my Brawl iso, it still runs at 3x resolution when I boot PM.

This is the only code in both gameini files:

[Video_Settings]
EFBScale = 2

I'm also running Dolphin with the OpenGL backend, if that has anything to do with it.

Is this because it's a Wii game, or because Project M doesn't directly run from an iso?
If you're starting Project M from a launcher rather than an ISO (or another type of disc image), that's the reason it's not working. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it.

not_dexters_lab

(02-13-2017, 05:25 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you're starting Project M from a launcher rather than an ISO (or another type of disc image), that's the reason it's not working. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it.

That makes sense. Thank you for the quick response.
Can't you use a gameini for the Gecko WAD?
The gecko launcher doesn't have a Title ID.
It does if you use the WAD. It has Title ID UBTS00.

not_dexters_lab

My solution to this is that I use the Smash Ladder build of Dolphin for SSB games and the normal Dolphin build for everything else. It's worked out so far, but I need to use the regular build for 20XX, which isn't a huge deal.
Yes, it would work if it's a WAD. I was only thinking of DOL/ELF files.
The netplay version of Project M uses an ELF, so there's nothing you can do there, but if you're just playing on your own or with a friend locally, you can use a Gecko WAD and it works perfectly.