Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Dolphin Settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-10-2017, 06:08 PM)CommandBen Wrote: [ -> ]1. Which Audio Engine should I use? (DSP HLE, DSP LLE Recompiler, DSP LLE interpreter) 
  • Which Audio Backend as well? (I tested both Open AL and XAudio2 with Dolby Pro Logic II decoder on and Open AL sounded louder)
2. Should I play around the the CPU Clock Override option in Dolphin? My i7 is powerful enough to take it. Would it enhance playing Skyward Sword?

Thanks again for all your help!

1. DSP HLE. Never change it off that unless you know what you're doing. The times games need something else, we silently set it in gameini
1a. Xaudio2 is fine.

2. No. That's a very advanced option that WILL break many games. It's only useful if your system is too weak to run Dolphin normally (which case you turn it down). The times you would turn it up is to fix lag that happens on console, or diagnose some timing issue. Don't touch it.
(02-10-2017, 06:13 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]1. DSP HLE. Never change it off that unless you know what you're doing. The times games need something else, we silently set it in gameini
1a. Xaudio2 is fine.

2. No. That's a very advanced option that WILL break many games. It's only useful if your system is too weak to run Dolphin normally (which case you turn it down). The times you would turn it up is to fix lag that happens on console, or diagnose some timing issue. Don't touch it.

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! 

I also enabled Stat, and bug reporting in Dolphin (Where it uploads my System Specs and sends info for the Dolphin Development Team.) If I experience any bugs or oddities with the Vulkan Backed I'll post them here (or somewhere else if you want)
Pages: 1 2 3