Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another Stuttering Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know I've posted the same thing a while back, but after not using Dolphin for months and updated to the latest NVIDIA driver, the stutters are back again. Yes, I do know that every time I update drivers and/or use different builds of Dolphin does the whole Shader Compilation thing, but it wasn't this bad before and now there are stutters coming in every 1-2 seconds like before when I had the same problem again. Not even Ishiiruka's Async Shader Compilation works as the stutters still show up just as noticeable and quite as often. Help?

Edit 2: Another problem that came up is that I can't seem to play Super Mario Sunshine or Sonic Colors using the 60fps Gecko Codes. I try to run them both, but they both just show a black screen. They start working again once I disable the code.
When drivers update they can invalidate the cache so that they regenerate. However it seems you might have other problems, have you tried reverting your drivers?
(02-09-2017, 05:15 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]When drivers update they can invalidate the cache so that they regenerate. However it seems you might have other problems, have you tried reverting your drivers?

I have. I even reverted to the driver that somehow made things work before, but it doesn't work anymore. Sad
Did you use the DDU tool?
(02-09-2017, 05:17 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use the DDU tool?

Never heard of it, so I haven't.
It's the Display Driver Uninstaller tool. Good way to make sure you don't have any left over files when downgrading GPU driver versions.
(02-09-2017, 05:46 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It's the Display Driver Uninstaller tool. Good way to make sure you don't have any left over files when downgrading GPU driver versions.

Alright, I'll try using it. I'll post what happens later.
Okay, I used it, but nothing was fixed. However, I noticed that NVIDIA released a hotfix (378.57) after the "stable" release (378.49) and since those usually don't get noticed by GeForce Experience, I wasn't able to install the hotfix. And once I did, things worked again. Jeez... My PC is really weird. @~@;

Edit: Hmm... The pre-rendered cutscenes in Super Mario Galaxy still show the stutters every 1-2 seconds... :/
Still having this problem... I used DDU Tool 6 times already and keep getting the stutters.

In the beginning shows the pre-rendered cutscenes suttering like hell. Then in the next part with the gameplay, the game runs smooth and fine. I just don't know what to do with this. Sad
Not much else people can suggest. You updated your drivers which caused the problem so not much people can say but "revert back". You can try doing a system restore to a point before you updated the drivers to see if that helps. What surprises me is that you have so many stuttering problems with a rig very similar to mine & I never had any of these problems. Even using the latest graphic drivers. So there is something going on with your computer that's causing these problems & ultimately you're going to be the key to figuring it out.
Pages: 1 2