Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another Stuttering Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-14-2017, 10:52 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Not much else people can suggest.  You updated your drivers which caused the problem so not much people can say but "revert back".  You can try doing a system restore to a point before you updated the drivers to see if that helps.  What surprises me is that you have so many stuttering problems with a rig very similar to mine & I never had any of these problems.  Even using the latest graphic drivers.  So there is something going on with your computer that's causing these problems & ultimately you're going to be the key to figuring it out.

I see... I'll just keep messing around with it, then.
Did you make sure your system isn't overheating? check your CPU and GPU temps while playing.
Also, make sure your GPU is going into high performance mode when playing Dolphin.
(02-14-2017, 02:19 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you make sure your system isn't overheating? check your CPU and GPU temps while playing.
Also, make sure your GPU is going into high performance mode when playing Dolphin.

Yeah, I've set my NVIDIA settings to "Prefer Maximum Performance".

I was able to solve my own problem. After messing around for several hours straight, I felt the need to move my backups to a different storage drive. So I moved them to the other drive and tried playing them on Dolphin again. And guess what? The stutters weren't as obvious like what I've posted earlier. Sure, there are tiny microstutters, but everything went smoothly as it's intended to.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! Even though there wasn't a lot of helpful tips for my problem, it was still good to see that people were able to notice my problem.
Yeap, as I stated, you were the one that had to figure it out. There's only so much people can suggest without having access to your computer. Glad you got it sorted Smile
Pages: 1 2