Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword Issue with Slingshot Cursor Disappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm playing through Skyward Sword on dolphin and have just obtained the slingshot. However, when I move the aiming cursor it and the rest of the hud disappear behind the trees and continually pop back and forth between the front and back of the screen. This will almost make the game unplayable for me even though everything else runs great. How do I fix this?

Here is a screenshot:
[Image: ssMwqIo.jpg]
(01-31-2017, 12:29 PM)Keoft Wrote: [ -> ]I'm playing through Skyward Sword on dolphin and have just obtained the slingshot. However, when I move the aiming cursor it and the rest of the hud disappear behind the trees and continually pop back and forth between the front and back of the screen. This will almost make the game unplayable for me even though everything else runs great. How do I fix this?

Here is a screenshot
Disable skip efb access from cpu
(01-31-2017, 02:44 PM)Dark tornado Wrote: [ -> ]Disable skip efb access from cpu

I never had it enabled
(01-31-2017, 03:02 PM)Keoft Wrote: [ -> ]I never had it enabled

thats odd. can you post your settings? 
(01-31-2017, 03:30 PM)Dark tornado Wrote: [ -> ]thats odd. can you post your settings? 

Sure

[Image: Q8McMm4.png]
(01-31-2017, 04:05 PM)Keoft Wrote: [ -> ]Sure

[Image: Q8McMm4.png]

i copied your settings and cant get the same issue to appear that youre having. i would set the texture cache back to fast though and uncheck "disable fog" as it messes with games alot. The only thing i can think of is to try a different build of dolphin like 5.0 stable
(01-31-2017, 04:22 PM)Dark tornado Wrote: [ -> ]i copied your settings and cant get the same issue to appear that youre having. i would set the texture cache back to fast though and uncheck "disable fog" as it messes with games alot. The only thing i can think of is to try a different build of dolphin like 5.0 stable

I was using 5.0 stable and got the same problem. The only other thing I can think of is that I turned of the depth of field effect but have no idea how to turn it back on it that were the problem.
(01-31-2017, 04:33 PM)Keoft Wrote: [ -> ]I was using 5.0 stable and got the same problem. The only other thing I can think of is that I turned of the depth of field effect but have no idea how to turn it back on it that were the problem.

i would check and see if your copy is a good dump. opengl is recommended over vulkan if you have an nvidia card i believe
(01-31-2017, 04:45 PM)Dark tornado Wrote: [ -> ]i would check and see if your copy is a good dump. opengl is recommended over vulkan if you have an nvidia card i believe

What does that mean?
(01-31-2017, 04:55 PM)Keoft Wrote: [ -> ]What does that mean?

[color=#000000]Right-click on the game in the game list, pick Properties, go to the Info tab, and press the Compute button. It should give you an MD5 hash. post that hash here[/color]
Pages: 1 2