Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is there a way to play custom music in GameCube games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

is there a way to play custom music in GameCube games?
i mean the same way like you have a texture folder where you can put HD textures but instead for music and short sounds of all kind?

i managed to change the title screen (within my iso) & also the minigame songs but the rest don't seem to work,
i made other audio files (.AST files) per Area where you go, but they don't seem to work.
I also have the .wav & .mp3 versions of the files, but i tought it would be easyer to just make an "modfolder" (same way like the hd textures) if this is possible.
because the process of making the Audio files & all the converting stuff is very time consuming.

My first thing i was about to try to do unless i noticed i couldn't do much with the .bms files & .arc ,
i was planning on removing & replacing all the annoying sounds out of Twilight Princess (like mob attack for example in darkness) You guys have to admit it , it just sound so horrible lol.
I think there is a lot those sounds actualy that could be replaced to make the game even better then it is already.

i've tried a lot of stuff already but i lack a bit of experience to make it work like i want it.

The thing is i promised my lil son (6 years old & huge zelda fan) :p  to make a special version of twilight princess. Big Grin

So if anyone knows a bit how ... , let me know.

Thanks.
You can't do this in an easy way similar to how textures can be replaced. You'll have to edit the ISO manually, like you already have tried to.
(01-06-2017, 06:50 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You can't do this in an easy way similar to how textures can be replaced. You'll have to edit the ISO manually, like you already have tried to.

damn ...

Well i guess i will need more knowledge about how to completely edit everything except the audio stream, but it's realy not easy to do. :p

you think it's possible to modiff all the other sounds not located in "stream" folder? like for areas & 1on1 battles ?
or is it just a waste of time?
It's possible in some way, but I have no idea how easy or hard it is. It all depends on the game.
This might be off-topic, but it still fits the topic of custom content for GameCube games.

If it is Twilight Princess you are interested in then you might be interested in the Hires Texture Project in-work by Hamasaki and his team, check out their project page: http://www.hamasakipro.com/#intro or at the forums here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-th...hd-project.

Their project intends to be more than just a texture project, such as including new dungeons, recompossing the music, adding new area's and whatsoever. You can check for your self what they mean by recompossed music at their soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/tphdost. This certaintly sounds quite ambitious and so far the project only delivered on retexturing up until the 4th dungeon. Whatever the project will fulfill on their promises remains to be seen. Although don't expect it to be finished anytime soon, I believe they stated it was to be finished by around November 2016... Well... That did not happen. The reason for that would be that the project depended on additional funding and extra graphical features for the Ishiiruka version of Dolphin.

(02-21-2016, 03:33 AM)Roynerer Wrote: [ -> ]Composer for the project here!

A significant portion of the game is using older textures, since a new and solid style has been adopted a lot is not yet done.

In the month of April we will release the Texture Pack, in the month of November the gameplay changes, super-enhanced graphics, new soundtrack, new temple etc. will be released; this will be considered the final release. As far as current plans go, a month before the final release, a BETA testing will start for said features.
ok thanks to both of you for the replies.

It is not easy to do because as far as i know the music plays in sequences and the most files not directly editable are put in .arc files ,
those i need are the .bms ones i think but i can't test it since i'm not finding a way to convert them in .wav or something else,
i however found that ppl can do it in c language i think but i realy know nothing about c lang. , so i dun realy know where to start.
bmx2wav should do the trick but since i'm not understanding Chinese , i can't make it work :/

i will continue to dig around a bit more i guess.

thanks.
If it's BMS, you might just have to give up--nobody has really cracked the format just yet, so I don't really think it will be possible to edit it. Streamed music is another story though.