Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD problems at Excess Express in specific area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been playing Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door for a while now and it's been working flawlessly on Dolphin 5.0 with the HD texture pack (Invader) installed. I recently began the chapter taking place on the Excess Express and, as the in-game day passes, only the room in the train with the chef and store begin to lag; gradually getting worse as it transfers from day to afternoon and afternoon to night (maybe 10-12 fps). However, during the day I get 60fps in this room and, regardless of the time of day, everywhere else.

So what's really going on here? Are my settings not right or is it Dolphin? I've spent all day searching for an answer to this, I hope I get a response. I am willing to wait for an update fix if that's a known possibility to anyone.

Here's my specs if it helps:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB
Memory: TeamE+ 16GB RAM

Also, yes, I have checked the PMTTYD wiki for the recommended settings; that said, other non-listed settings on the wiki may be set wrong in my config/graphics. I guess I should mention that I've installed the widescreen gecko codes for NTSC-U.
Are you preloading the textures?
(12-31-2016, 11:15 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Are you preloading the textures?

If you're asking if I have prefetch custom textures checked, then yes I do. 
I assume it doesn't happen without the texture pack? A save might help. You try a portable txt
(01-01-2017, 05:58 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I assume it doesn't happen without the texture pack? A save might help. You try a portable txt

Got the same exact thing with the texture pack off. Mario is still slow and game is unplayably laggy. Game crashes when I try to go back to my room after I give the toad his blanket, right after I make it through the door on the other side of the lag room. Everywhere else is still fine though :/
Is it using some kind of bounding box effect for the sky darkening? Is the widescreen code causing issues?
(01-01-2017, 06:52 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it using some kind of bounding box effect for the sky darkening?  Is the widescreen code causing issues?

Tried disabling bounding box, aspect ratio gecko codes, and tried disabling both after doing one at a time. Didn't change anything except for the texture peeling away when entering a bedroom; wall turns into clippy, static image before peeling away.
So, I guess my Paper Mario is broken forever then? Maybe the next Dolphin update will fix it? Hopefully. I hope someone has an answer to this Sad
Have you tried adding a portable.txt?
(01-02-2017, 11:11 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried adding a portable.txt?

I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure how to do that :/
Pages: 1 2