Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 or vista..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

gompersengle

Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?
Win7 is better ... why? ... because its not that heavy as vista, besides, almost every soft that runs on vista runs in Win7 as well. AND u should always seek for the newest release.
Windows 7 has better performance than vista
for games and dolphin you should use Windows 7
Vista is an epic fail
I skipped VISTA out because i just heard bad things about it.
But now i'm running on 7 and it's just wonderful (exept networking & soundmixer) Big Grin
It's even faster than my previous installed XP.
Windows Vista had a crash and gone blue screen during it's own presentation in 2007.
Windows Vista is the new Edition of Windows ME! Big Grin
For the first time in your life, do things like Bill Gates, use windows 7!!
First of all it is a nonsense using Vista x86. And you who have skipped Vista and waiting for W7 don't know what are you talking about. Vista is better than XP and it is a logical choice if you have x64 CPU. Becouse:
1) Better memmory menagment
2) better dual core performance
3) more memmory (>2Gb) leaves more gap thanks to superfetch
4) it is not idiot friendly
this i talk based on my own expirience, and not on some fault you tube and magazine testers (who by the way turned off superfetch in tests, real clever, oh yeah).
And by the way, Win7 in its core is Vista, not much of the difference.

Try it, learn it, and then talk.
Ouch, although I do admit that I didn't have that many problems with Vista, only those with older computers did. Windows 7 does seem faster then Vista, although the difference is 'smallish'. One of the big improvements is the way Windows 7 handles more than one core, much better than Vista. If you don't have a x64 based computer with more than one core, you'll probably see a drop in performance from XP, it's a widely accepted fact that XP is the best choice for computers with only one core.
I didn't like the vista interface ( I only work on XP, when I use a vista I look like a noob ) so I keep my XP

I want to try the final version of Win7 ( very basic test, 7 vs XP
(10-24-2009, 08:56 PM)Shazoo Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7 has better performance than vista
for games and dolphin you should use Windows 7
Vista is an epic fail

That may have been true if you compared Vista when it first released, to Windows 7 release candidates... but if you had an upgraded vista with the latest Service packs, it's really not all that different.

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles.php?articleid=137

That said, Vista is needlessly bloated... and for that reason alone, I prefer Windows 7 even though game performance isn't all that different.
I prefer Vista over 7 .

Vista bloated meh any moron with a internet connection and can type in google can find out how to speed up vista a bit and remove bloat. Either 7 or vista SP2 will give the SAME performance as it stands right now.

What key features does 7 have over vista nothing much same amount of threads running at fresh install, hardly any memory usage difference, slower boot up times with 7 on certain hardware same with vista hit or miss on this one, biometric equipment because we all have to do retinal scans and finger prints to login

Meh my opinion 7 vs vista whats your budget dont use others "advice" buy to fit your budget both will work on any newish system.

and last Why did vista flop lets see most of the market tried to run vista on legacy machines with barely enough ram to run XP (512mb) and a IGP/mgpu.

You dont buy a honda civic and put pretty decals on it and expect it to go as fast as a dodge viper?

Who needs a GUI
http://www.trustprice.com/555424/microso...-6.22.html
Pages: 1 2 3