Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question regarding my performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello this is my first post in the dolphin forums. Now my pc is very powerful but when i run the emulation it seems as though my frames are low. I've used this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duoDTjgJN...rofilepage# by a former member of this forum as my guideline to playing at a good FPS. Here is my system information,
EVGA X58 triple SLi motherboard
Intel core i7 920 (overclocked to 3Ghz stable)
6Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram 1600Mhz
Ati Radeon 4870 HD graphics card
Stock cooling

If anybody could help me increase my frames or performance period i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you kindly,

ZaG
overclock it a little bit more to around 3.5 or 4ghz
You can see your frames ( fps ) It's displayed in dolphin
What game are you running and what fps ?
I'M RUNNING SSBM AND POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION FOR NOW ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO CONFIG THE ORLEANS
AND THEIRS NO WAY I'M GOING TO OVERCLOCK IT I HAVE AN I7 THEIRS NO NEED TO AND I'M ON STOCK COOLING I RUN PC GAMES SUCH AS CALL OF DUTY 4 AND CRYSIS WARHEAD SO THEIRS NO REASON FOR ME TO OVERCLOCK BECAUSE THOSE GAMES RUN JUST FINE AND ON THE HIGHEST SETTINGS POSSIBLE.
Why the people can't see when they have caps lock on ?

Tell me your fps and the region of the games ( in some games the full speed is 30 fps )

I will watch the video and... how many fps do you have ?

EDIT: ok... that video is for cpu's OC to 4.00Ghz o.O

Enable:
dual core
idle skipping
optimize quantizers
enable panic handlers ( If dolphin crashes , you will know why)

Try disabling:
lock thread to cores
Hyper threading ( in your bios )
speedsteping ( in your bios )
okay that sounds helpful again no need to go to 4.0ghz I'm not going to do it I'm playing USA region games and how do you get to see the FPS in dolphin??
Sorry for the capslock. lol ohh yea i have orleans latest build.
Try the "overlay FPS" option in OGL plugin or play in a window
allright i did the bios and other settings no real difference. but ill try the overlaying and let you know.
Even I7's have trouble emulating the gamecube, Thats how tough it is. 3.0 ghz is like a minimum to play most game full speed. It is much harder than running crysis and all that other shit you mentioned.
yea well i dnt fuckin get it becuase i see people with worse systems getting better fps and by the way only SSBM really improved. and no damn emulater is worth a 4.ghz clock fuck that shit. i just need help configing it please
Pages: 1 2 3