Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: zelda:skyward sword can be full playable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey guys,
i have a question can we play full game of zelda skyward sword with xbox 360 controller in dolphin (motionplus version)?
if its possible do any of u guys finish the game in dolphin (motionplus version)?
Dolphin can't simulate the Wii Motion Plus, you have to buy the real thing and connect it to Dolphin via bluetooth.

Precise motion sensors like Motion Plus are unlikely to be simulated with buttons and analog sticks because it's too complicated. It's like trying to replicate all possible arm moves into a pad.
Some modern gamepads like the PS4 and the Steam controller do have gyros in them. It would be nice if we could use them to emulate the motion plus at some point.

gsr325

Hello, I have Dolphin 5.0 and Skyward sword as well as the WiiMote connected, when I try to play Skyward Sword, it goes through all of the screens, but when it comes to The screen that says "Point The Wii Remote at the screen, and move to the center, my Wii Remote doesn't move. Can someone help me with this? Sad
(11-19-2016, 09:41 PM)gsr325 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have Dolphin 5.0 and Skyward sword as well as the WiiMote connected, when I try to play Skyward Sword, it goes through all of the screens, but when it comes to The screen that says "Point The Wii Remote at the screen, and move to the center, my Wii Remote doesn't move. Can someone help me with this? Sad

Do you have a sensor bar that is turned on?
(11-19-2016, 07:36 AM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin can't simulate the Wii Motion Plus, you have to buy the real thing and connect it to Dolphin via bluetooth.

Precise motion sensors like Motion Plus are unlikely to be simulated with buttons and analog sticks because it's too complicated. It's like trying to replicate all possible arm moves into a pad.

no theres a actually a motion plus version video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlwmCc5G0I

[color=#333333]u can play with xbox 360 controller but my question is can we finish the game like this?[/color]
That's a custom build of a very outdated version of Dolphin, 2 things that we don't provide support on this forum lol.

But, it seems that all you need to know is on the description of the video.
Yeah... This makes me wonder. Why was the MotionPlus emulation in custom builds such as from JPeterson never integrated into the official builds? Did it work too poorly? Was the code a mess? Were the controls too unpractical? I am not really accustomed with these custom builds since I stick to the official builds (Ishiiruka and the D3D12 branch were an exception). I would still love to see the official builds implement MotionPlus emulation some day.
It was a gross hack that was basically only designed to care about one game. Doing it properly would be way too much work to only help users that probably only have the game but not the motion plus because they pirated the game.
(11-19-2016, 10:35 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a custom build of a very outdated version of Dolphin, 2 things that we don't provide support on this forum lol.

But, it seems that all you need to know is on the description of the video.

so we can play but we cannot finish the game huh?what a shame Sad

thanks anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3