Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: need some help with zelda twilight princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okay so i have used emulators before so im not totaly in the dark but here is my situation. very excited to find a wii emulator for the sole reason of playing the new zelda game. or at least the only new one worth my time. now i downloaded verything and its all set up i can play fine but. i cannot move my sword. and i cannot figure it out. i found some guys thing on how to record shaking and rolling and yea but i couldnt figure out how to map them after i did it...so yea confused so i figured hey ill just get the gamecube version of the game. no problem? well while im getting that one i realize . wait a minute...u can plug in your gamcube controller to your wii....so couldnt i just set up the gamecube controlls and tell the emulator i have one of those? so the game would let me play that way? without the sensor?. also FYI for information my setup is a playstation 3 controller hooked up to my computer and i am using XPADDER to set it to keyboard/mouse functions. so i guess what i am asking is. 1 can i fix the sword movement thing on wii? and play with my playstation controller? 2. can i just change the wii version of the game to think i plugged in a gamcube controller? and 3. (kinda a irelivnat question) how much different are the graphics? from wii to gamecube? thanks so much
You cant move the sword ??? What does that mean ? Did you mean you cant move link at all ? No cotrols ? If you want to use gamepad,you need to go to options / configure / plugins / pad and then choose njoy plugin and there you can configure your ps3 gamepad to work with dolphin
okay so thank you for your reply but i figured it out, i just got the gamcube version and it works fantastic. but i have a problem. it is reallly slow in the forest and in hyrule . and i have been looking around and people have had far less computers as me but can run at 100%. something must be drastically slowing me down. at the intro i have like 600 fps and then when i load my save in the forest it drops to 15. i have a geforce 9600GT, e8400 3.0ghz 6mb cach, and 4gb of high end gaming ram. so it would seem that a game so graphically inferior to other games i play should run smoothly. so i guess what i am asking is. what version should i be using? right now i have 4429 and i hear it might not be the fastest? ZTP is the ONLY game i will ever play on this emulator so i dont really care about anything but this one. any ideas on a build? and im not quite sure what settings should be on and stuff. any help would be sweet thank your dolphin forum!
bump...Smile
you need to use direct3d this game doesn't work properly in opengl ( it has a bug causing drastic slowdowns )
Though you also forfeit the mini-map when using DX9, so pick your poison.

Also, this is a bit late, but the Wiimote control configuration lets you map 'shake' to a key, which is how Link uses his sword in the Wii version. But the Wiimote plugin also doesn't let you use gamepads, so you'll have to grab JoyToKey if you want to use a controller for the Wii version. No point, though, really. The Wii version lets you equip one more item simultaneously than the Gamecube version, and the world is a mirror reverse. Not really worth it, after factoring in the input lag for 'shake'. There is no graphical difference whatsoever, beyond the Wii version natively supporting widescreen, and you can force that on the 'cube with Dolphin, anyway.
Im using the direct3d plugin but i cant get more than 7 fps in hyrule field after the twilight surrounds only the hyrule castle.

At least it gets a lot faster in other areas, im currently in the Arbiters Grounds.
(10-21-2009, 05:19 AM)BerserkS Wrote: [ -> ]Im using the direct3d plugin but i cant get more than 7 fps in hyrule field after the twilight surrounds only the hyrule castle.

At least it gets a lot faster in other areas, im currently in the Arbiters Grounds.

do you have dual core enabled
(10-21-2009, 05:19 AM)BerserkS Wrote: [ -> ]Im using the direct3d plugin but i cant get more than 7 fps in hyrule field after the twilight surrounds only the hyrule castle.

No specs, no help.
AMD 64 x2 6000+ 3.1ghz x2, geforce 8800gt 512mb, 4 gb ram 800mhz, vista ultimate 64.

Yeah i have dual core enabled, i been reading this forums for the past few weeks so i been using what i think is the most used config for playing Zelda TP.

And btw im using one of the latest rev from you Unknownforce.
Pages: 1 2