Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need Help with Unique Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

heroicsej

PLEASE HELP

*I have a summary of the problem below, but I wanted to give some background in case anyone wanted more information*

I'm usually really stubborn about asking for help online, and I mostly look to other threads for advice on PC issues. However, I've poured hours of my life into fixing this issue and scoured the internet for anyone who has had the same problem, but I'm at my wit's end, and it seems no one has solved or had my exact problem (that I've seen anyway). Also, I'm not great with general PC knowledge, but I'm going to give as much info as possible.

Bakground: About 3 years ago I bought a computer off of a friend who was upgrading his gaming desktop to a new one. He wiped the hard drive and installed a pirated copy of Windows 7 ultimate, most likely from TPB (not sure exactly from where).

**PC SPECS**

*Processor:* AMD FX9tm)-8150 Eight- Core Processor 3.60GHz
*Video Card:* AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

**THE ISSUE**

After about a year of use, I started having the usual "your pc is ingenuine" notifications when trying to use windows update, and although I was able to make windows genuine temporarily for short periods of time, it always came back to being ingenuine. I would use the usual command prompt tricks to get it to be genuine, but it never lasted and i kept missing windows updates that never installed.

This really wasn't that much of a problem as it was a mild inconvenience, since I was able to do most of what I wanted to do minus the occasional notification about windows being ingenuine. The only time this caused a problem for me was when Dolphin Emulator (something I used frequently for Anthers Ladder) released an update that halted my ability to use the program. When I try to open Dolphin, I get this error message.

The dolphin FAQ recommended that I install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026 to combat the issue. However, when I try to install it on the PC i get this message. Here are the log files.

I've read online that the problem is that windows is ingenuine and can't update, but don't know where to begin with fixing the issue. If there are any past threads about the issue, could someone post a link? And if not, how would I go about fixing the problem? I've looked up endless amounts of threads about the issue but none of the solutions I found online have done anything to help.

**TL;DR** Bought PC from friend with Cracked Windows 7 Ultimate. Can't download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.023026 because of an unspecified error. Most likely because of Windows 7 being ingenuine and not being able to install updates. (Logs)
(10-28-2016, 09:37 PM)heroicsej Wrote: [ -> ]PLEASE HELP

*I have a summary of the problem below, but I wanted to give some background in case anyone wanted more information*

I'm usually really stubborn about asking for help online, and I mostly look to other threads for advice on PC issues. However, I've poured hours of my life into fixing this issue and scoured the internet for anyone who has had the same problem, but I'm at my wit's end, and it seems no one has solved or had my exact problem (that I've seen anyway). Also, I'm not great with general PC knowledge, but I'm going to give as much info as possible.

Bakground: About 3 years ago I bought a computer off of a friend who was upgrading his gaming desktop to a new one. He wiped the hard drive and installed a pirated copy of Windows 7 ultimate, most likely from TPB (not sure exactly from where).

**PC SPECS**

*Processor:* AMD FX9tm)-8150 Eight- Core Processor 3.60GHz
*Video Card:* AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

**THE ISSUE**

After about a year of use, I started having the usual "your pc is ingenuine" notifications when trying to use windows update, and although I was able to make windows genuine temporarily for short periods of time, it always came back to being ingenuine. I would use the usual command prompt tricks to get it to be genuine, but it never lasted and i kept missing windows updates that never installed.

This really wasn't that much of a problem as it was a mild inconvenience, since I was able to do most of what I wanted to do minus the occasional notification about windows being ingenuine. The only time this caused a problem for me was when Dolphin Emulator (something I used frequently for Anthers Ladder) released an update that halted my ability to use the program. When I try to open Dolphin, I get this error message.

The dolphin FAQ recommended that I install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026 to combat the issue. However, when I try to install it on the PC i get this message. Here are the log files.

I've read online that the problem is that windows is ingenuine and can't update, but don't know where to begin with fixing the issue. If there are any past threads about the issue, could someone post a link? And if not, how would I go about fixing the problem? I've looked up endless amounts of threads about the issue but none of the solutions I found online have done anything to help.

**TL;DR** Bought PC from friend with Cracked Windows 7 Ultimate. Can't download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.023026 because of an unspecified error. Most likely because of Windows 7 being ingenuine and not being able to install updates. (Logs)

Did you not read the forum rule about piracy, or did you just decide to ignore it?

We absolutely won't help people with problems that are explicitly caused by piracy. (I don't know a way to solve your problem without installing a genuine version of Windows anyway.)
That error is because you need Windows 7 SP1 to install Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Which apparently you cannot do because your copy of Windows is not genuine. Basically - go buy a key!

Anyway, we have strong rules against piracy here.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules
Global Forum Rules Wrote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

I'm supposed to ban you immediately for this, buuuut, since you are indicating it was done by the previous owner of the PC, and I see no reason to doubt that, I'll be nice and not ban you so you are sure to read all of this. However, we cannot provide any further support, so I will be locking this thread.