Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance is not normal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I've just started using dolphin and for the life of me I can't get steady fps in Metriod Prime 1. I am using Opengl, and have is set to native resolution w/ anti a and anisotropic all set to zero or one and I still see performance hits. I was wondering if anybody had any tips or words of wisdom to offer.

My system:

Intel Core i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
6gb DDR3 1600
2x Asus Radeon HD4890 running in crossfire
1TB Caviar Black
O/S Vista Home Premium 64bit
Using the latest build of Dolphin 64bit

Thanks for your time
turn off ht. What fps are you getting anyways?
ht? What do you mean? When it's working properly it sits around 60fps, however, at points throughout the game (in open areas) it drops down to about 1~10 fps.
ht = HyperThreading

@boogerlard: Really dolphin can't see the difference between the virtual cores and the real cores ?
Ok, I'll see what I can do. BTW when I start Dolphin it says that I have 16 cores, when I only have 4...
(10-15-2009, 12:29 PM)singularity Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I'll see what I can do. BTW when I start Dolphin it says that I have 16 cores, when I only have 4...

.... hyperthreading... google it... but 16? it should be 8?
[Image: 77405222.jpg]
This is what it shows when I start a game, okay I disabled hyper threading and it made no difference. For all of those that have played this game, when you look at the map then go back into the game, some of the walls and random static meshs are completely black, probably missing the texture. It goes away a couple of minutes later.
you do have dual core enabled right?
In the screenshot yes, I have qu[/align]ad core enabled. With hyperthreading on, it shows eight processors, yet in dolphin it says that I have sixteen? Sadly turning hyperthreading off didn't make any difference performance wise. Does dolphin play nice with crossfire?
There's no quad core mode. And no, CF won't make any difference.
Pages: 1 2 3