Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 x64 crashes when attempting to run any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Basically, after using 4.0-315 for a while I decided to upgrade to the 64 bit version of 5.0.

Well... besides that I found out I needed to format my memory card data on 5.0 (that's a post for a different day) now attempting to run any game results in Dolphin stopping entirely for a little bit before closing with no error message.

It only starts happening to games after I've already run them once. Any following attempts just results in the scenario I just described.
Stops for a few seconds, then closes, no error messages.
"Intel Intergrated Graphics"
Probably your issue. Given your CPU's age, it's likely something terribleā€¦ Do you have a dedicated GPU you could use? It would probably work much better.
(09-07-2016, 02:00 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]"Intel Intergrated Graphics"
Probably your issue. Given your CPU's age, it's likely something terribleā€¦ Do you have a dedicated GPU you could use? It would probably work much better.

I have absolutely no computer parts laying around.
Oops, looks like I confused your CPU model. Assuming your CPU is a G3220, that's actually pretty recent (it's a Haswell afaik).
(But still, it would work much better with a real GPU.)

What graphics backend are you using? Have you made sure you're using the latest GPU driver?
(09-07-2016, 04:38 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, looks like I confused your CPU model. Assuming your CPU is a G3220, that's actually pretty recent (it's a Haswell afaik).
(But still, it would work much better with a real GPU.)

What graphics backend are you using? Have you made sure you're using the latest GPU driver?

1: No idea. Not entirely sure I know exactly what that is in fact.
2: That is something I also don't know.
1. In Dolphin, open up the Graphics tab and on the first tab you should see a dropdown that will say one of the following: OpenGL, D3D11, D3D12

2. Download this lovely Intel tool to see if there are any available updates: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...etect.html
Welp, now there's no graphics issues.
Games appear to run perfectly fine, save for a few small FPS dips.
The update from the Intel tool appears to have done the trick.

So now... why would my 4.0-315 memory card by incompatible with 5.0? How would I get around using 5.0 without formatting the memory card?
You could try extracting the single save files from the memory card and use them with the gct folder thingy.

1st thing to do is to create a backup and confirm that the saves actually still work on the old version.
I'm not sure I know exactly what the first part means.

I can confirm the memory card data is fine and works on the old version.
If you switch the settings in dolphin from using a memory card to using the GCI folder, game saves will be saved as individual .gci files inside of a folder instead of as a memory card file. This makes it so that one bad save file won't break your entire card of saves.

Do you have either 4.0-315 or 5.0 running in portable mode?
Pages: 1 2 3