Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 x64 crashes when attempting to run any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Neither. I don't even know how you'd do that more importantly.

Also, how exactly would I go about doing that?
A portable.txt in the install directory
Just the install directory?
Not hidden inside any subfolders?
Also, is checking it just checking the presence of the file, or finding it and looking inside it?
(09-08-2016, 06:30 AM)AmnesiaMaster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Just the install directory?
Not hidden inside any subfolders?
Also, is checking it just checking the presence of the file, or finding it and looking inside it?

Same directory as Dolphin.exe, no subfolders. It only checks if the file exists, not what's inside it.
Nope. no portable.txt file.
Probably a good idea to add one to 5.0. See if that fixes it.
Nope, didn't solve the issue.
Also, it reset all of my settings until I got rid of the file. Is that normal?
(09-09-2016, 01:24 AM)AmnesiaMaster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, didn't solve the issue.

That's the point of putting it there, to see if it's your settings causing the issues.
(09-09-2016, 01:24 AM)AmnesiaMaster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, didn't solve the issue.

That's the point of the portable.txt. This allows you to use a fresh new config.

Anyways about your problem:
Use the integrated memory card manager to extract the gci files from your memory card, and then enable the gci folder feature in Dolphin 5.0, and copy the files in the correct folder.

(Just let it create a new save for any game to see where it stores them)
(09-09-2016, 01:24 AM)AmnesiaMaster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it reset all of my settings until I got rid of the file. Is that normal?

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. Portable mode will make Dolphin only read and save settings from a local folder called User, instead of using the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents as usual.

EDIT: Seems like I got double-ninja'd. Oh well.
Pages: 1 2 3