Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: asus rog gl752vw-dh71 lagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys i am having issues on running games without lag, and no matter what the settings are the game never stays at 60 fps. my computers specs are intel core i7-6700HQ with a gpu of Nvidia Geforce Gtx 960M. if there are any solutions on how to fix this it would be much appreciated! im just a gamer that wants to use his computer at what it can do. Huh
Can you post screenshots of your graphics and audio configuration windows?
(08-14-2016, 08:21 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post screenshots of your graphics and audio configuration windows?
Probably overheating that make CPU throttle
Check your CPU temp and clock speed with Realtemp when running Dolphin (at least 5mins)
Normally , gaming laptop must have 2 heat sink on the back , your gaming laptop has only 1 heat sink . Both CPU and GPU share the same heatsink and that is the problem
Spoiler:
the temperature was under 70 but i really want to know why a powerful laptop cant run dolphin full speed and how to fix it if possible
You haven't said anything about your CPU clock speed yet . i7 6700HQ must run at 3.2->3.5GHz (3500MHz )
Laptop performance guide :
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
Try turning off dual core mode in config.

Have a hunch.
In Dolphin, turn off Vsync, turn off Log render time to File, and turn off force texture filtering.
Make sure you have the latest driver for your GPU, the latest is currently 368.81
Check and see if you're running the game with the Intel HD graphics or the Nvidia Graphics.
(08-14-2016, 06:10 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]In Dolphin, turn off Vsync, turn off Log render time to File, and turn off force texture filtering.
Make sure you have the latest driver for your GPU, the latest is currently 368.81
Check and see if you're running the game with the Intel HD graphics or the Nvidia Graphics.

ok. but not to be a bother, but how do i do so. also could you please ink me to the drivers?
i did all that and it still performs worse than it should. im starting to think that dolphin doesnt support gaming laptops. my lapptop can run 100% fine on games like GTA 5. if anyone knows how i can use more power to run dolphin 60 fps that would be great. no matter what power mode i use it always runs between 30 and 55 fps
Pages: 1 2