Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Directx 12 crashes immediately in stereo 3D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just installed a GTX 970 into my rig with the latest nvidia driver. I was excited to try out Directx12. However, it immediately crashes when I try to launch a game. Directx 11 works fine as usual.
I've narrowed the problem to enabling stereo 3D. If I disable it under Dx12, the crash is produced. Turning it off allows the game to load properly.
Is there no Directx12 3D support? I love 3D gaming, so if it doesn't work, I'll have to stick to D11
This might be an issue with dx12. On your 970 opengl would be better than 11, though
Really? I thought Dx12 is generally faster than both. What advantage does OpenGL have over Dx11?
Nvidia has really good OpenGL drivers that is faster than D3D
I'm curious it'd anyone else has my problem. I've updated to the latest daily build and deleted my ini file, to no avail. I've also discovered a new problem. I can play Wii games in D11 windowed no problem, but fullscreen causes it to crash. GameCube games play fine in full screen. I don't know how long it's been this way. Just a couple weeks ago I was able to play Skyward Sword fullscreen in 3D no problem. Wii games keen fine in fullscreen unset Dx12, but 3D causes it to crash.
I've been on a GameCube trend lately, so I'm not sure when my fullscreen issues cropped up. OpenGL works fine, but 3D seemingly appears less satisfying to me.
Can anyone explain why Dx11 is crashing with Wii games on full screen?
D3D11 can crash with Wii games if exclusive fullscreen is enabled when starting a game. You can turn it off while starting games and turn it on again later if you want to. This problem started in 5.0-76.
I got Wii games to work by using Render to main window. Hopefully Dx12 3D gets fixed
Same thing is happening to me. Dx12 with stereoscopic 3d not working. Used to work, up until a week ago!! That's what making me mad.

Also using GTX 970... I blame the latest drivers.. It stopped working when I updated nvidia's drivers to the 8/15/2016 release
(08-29-2016, 01:10 AM)ssjandres Wrote: [ -> ]Same thing is happening to me. Dx12 with stereoscopic 3d not working. Used to work, up until a week ago!! That's what making me mad.

Also using GTX 970... I blame the latest drivers.. It stopped working when I updated nvidia's drivers to the 8/15/2016 release

Interesting... so it worked for you with a previous Nvidia driver? The Issue tracker on this problem that someone else put up, that guy couldn't get it working with any version of Dolphin. Do you recall what driver you were using? You can still download the old driver. I'd like to know so I can test it out myself. My HTPC doesn't play super modern games (newest game on there is Windows version of Killer Instinct), and was really purpose built for Dolphin, so if I can get it working with an older driver (I'm also using a GTX 970) I'd happily make the switch.
Any AMD users with this problem? You don't need a 3D tv to test it. Simply set it to side-by-side or top-bottom 3D and if you get the two separate images, it works
Pages: 1 2 3