Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dell 7559 lagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am having an issue with my new Dell 7559.

i7 6700hq
16 Gb DDR3L RAM
250 Gb Samsung 840 Evo SSD
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Looks perfect on the screen, but whenever I want to play my Dolphin games they are lagging so badly (I'm playing plugged in).

I updated all my drivers, right-clicking on the Dolphin icon and making sure it's running through the Nivdia..

I'm trying to play on 1080p. I saw the youtube videos when people are playing games and getting excellent fps... It doesn't happen to me though despite this awesome laptop...

Any suggestions? Help!
Double check that your laptop is set to high performance mode and that it's running not throttling down the clock speed when playing.

Also, which games?

Lastly, post screenshots of your graphics settings window/tabs
You will need to choose "Maximum Performance" via Nvidia CP . Because if you don't , GPU will throttle
Spoiler:
You can download Intel XTU to control CPU speed . For Example , set multipliers = max (36 or 37) for all cores , processor cache ratio = max , you will have CPU speed = 3.6 or 3.7GHz all the time . You need to observe the temp carefully though
Thank you for quick answer. I'm really desperate to see if that's the software problem our hardware itself - that's a brand new laptop.

Super Mario Sunshine, I'm getting 13 FPS
Mario Kart Doube Dash, 20-30 FPS
SSX Snowboarding - those are the only games I tried so far. 10-20 FPS

High performance I will double-check,
Temperatue 60-70 degrees so shouldn't be a problem.

I will post screenshots tomorrow
Thanks! Is there anything else I should update in Nividia CP?
I'm wondering if you have vsync on in dolphin or nvidia drivers and that's screwing with your framerate
Is that a Dolphin Graphic Setting or in Nividia?
both.

In Dolphin it'll be in graphics.

In your drivers it'll be in nvidia control panel > Manage 3D settings
Thank you for all your answers.

So I was able to sit in front of the laptop and take some screenshots. The first one will be from Super Mario Sunshine. I didn't even start playing yet, and my FPS went down to 17!! (See first screenshot).

In the rest of the attachments you will be see all my config.
Please let me know if there's something wrong that you can see. thank you.
That's a batch of screenshots.
Is there any other settings that I should be taking into consideration?
How can I be sure that my Graphic Card is not faulty? Huh Huh
Pages: 1 2 3