Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with SSBM (Smash Melee) Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Noxris

Hey everybody! I've been trying to figure this problem out for about a week now. So in a final attempt to fix it i decided to ask here. My problem is that when trying to play Super Smash Bros. Melee with others via netplay on anthers ladder, i can only play for 10 - 50 seconds before the game freezes, i get a message saying "Timeout From Traversal server" and soon after dolphin crashes. If i close the netplay window fast enough, dolphin wont crash but i will still be disconnected from my opponent. This only happens on netplay, When playing the same exact game locally, it runs perfectly fine and does not crash.

I have the correct melee ISO, and have made sure that Memory Cards are disabled, have cheats enabled, have the Melee Netplay Community Settings gecko code turned on, ect. I have followed the SSBM Netplay guides perfectly, and have uninstalled/reinstalled dolphin many times (By uninstalled i mean deleteing my "Dolphin Emulator" folder, and deleting my dolphin.exe/dolphinx64 folder.) Ive also deleted and re-downloaded my Melee ISO many times aswell. Ive allowed dolphin access through my windows firewall and even port forwarded ports 2626 and 6262 because i read somewhere that would help.

My ISP is Eastlink, I have a Motorola SBG6580 router, and have tried using Wireless And Wired (ethernet) connections. My average Latency/ping to a city that is roughly 350km away is 60 - 65 (when connecting to a telus server) and speeds are 50mbs download and 5mbs upload.

My PC specs are:
GPU - Nvidia GTX 750Ti
Ram - 8Gb (unknown brand)
CPU - Intel i7 4770 Quad Core
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

If you know the issue or can help, please do. I would appriciate it a lot. Thank you.
Noxris Wrote:Ive also deleted and re-downloaded my Melee ISO many times aswell.

*Ahem*

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules
Global Rules Wrote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

Bye!

*whacks with the magic moderator hammer of thumpness*

You're blasting off agaaaaaai- *bing*