Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Unofficial] New Dolphin 5.0 CPU benchmark - results automatically updated!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I just kind of wish a new stable release would have come out since it also means .deb packages are also stuck at 5.0 still.

I had every intention of putting together a new benchmark once that happened but, alas, it seems Dolphin has moved to a rolling-release model and, by now, Dolphin is arguably not even demanding enough to be worth benchmarking for newer hardware anyway (I'd argue that both Alder Lake and Zen4 kind of fully make Dolphin a complete "non-issue" even for mobile).

...I however have been humoring the idea of running Dolphin in another emulator which itself would be running the Dolphin CPU benchmark as a way to be more demanding, but AFAIK all newer/more demanding emulators also use a sort of rolling-release model, so that's a bit annoying (though I believe some are less frequent than others).

Of course the irony is that Dolphin's actual "beta" releases seem to slowly be getting farther and farther apart between releases, almost like they're eventually going to turn into "stable" releases in all but name. In such a scenario I've humored the idea of simply using the likes of LLE and/or software rendering in order to make things slower which would additionally provide more precision on the resulting time.

I've also thought about a sort of GPU-compute test using exclusive ubershaders, but I haven't tested at all what'd be the best way to do that (I was thinking maybe the likes of the Quake II shareware running its timedemo or something, assuming the command works in the shareware version and it doesn't make it turn into a CPU benchmark instead).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14