Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL settings in Nvidia Control Pannel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which settings I should use for some of the OpenGL options in Nvidias Control Pannel. I'm currently using drivers 191.07 Thanks.Heart
I use nHancer, a nice free utility that gives you a lot of options to control the various settings for nVidia cards. You can also set up individual profiles per program, or to force a profile to run as you like. You can download at the following site:
http://www.nhancer.com/

It would be up to a user to adjust the individual settings as they like according their their system's specs, graphic card and program you're wanting to use a profile for. So it's sometimes a hit-and-miss of what settings you find will work best for your system, but below is an example of settings I use in the profile for running Dolphin that seems to work well on my computer (If I don't mention an option here, then I leave it as being left Un-Checked or at its default):

Enhancements:
Anti-Aliasing: Multisampling + 16xQ
Check Enhance in-game AA setting.
Check Gamma Correction.

Check Anisostropic Filtering + 16x
Check Vertical Sync + Off
------------------------
Optimizations:

Check Texture Filtering + Performance.
Check Trilinear optimization + On.
Check Ansio. sample optimization + On.
Check Negative LOD BIAS + Allow
Check LOD BIAS, with a setting of "0.125"
Check Force DXT3 (OpenGL).
Check Prerender Limit, with a setting of "6".
---------------------
Compatibility:

Direct3D:
Check Anti-Aliasing compatibility + 80000000: AA & HDR.
Check Force Mip Maps + Trilinear.
Check High Dynamic Ranger (HDR) + Enabled.
Check CPU Multi Core Support + Multi Core.

Open GL:
Check OpenGL Support + 00002000: nVidia Demos.
Check Conformant texture clamp + Hardware.
Check OpenGL Control + Multithreading On.
Check OpenGL Multi Display Mode + Optimized for single display modes.
------------------------------------

You can play around with the various settings to see what seems to work best on your system.
Good luck! Smile
Thanks for the great input LoneWolf this helped me confirm some stuff on mine. <3