Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii games cutscenes and cinematics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I am using Dolphin 5.0 and I have problems with Wii games cutscenes and cinematics which is very choppy and slow. I did not have this problem with the previous version of dolphin. Is there a way I can fix this? and it is only cutscenes and cinematics in Wii games
In which games specifically?
I had 2 games doing this so far. PokePark 2 and Rune Factory Tides of Destiny
Ok, I have the same problem with Gamecube games as well
Make sure you have Windows set to high performance and you have a High performance profile for Dolphin in the Nvidia Control Panel that uses maximum power, not adaptive.
(06-28-2016, 08:49 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have Windows set to high performance and you have a High performance profile for Dolphin in the Nvidia Control Panel that uses maximum power, not adaptive.

That does not work, it is still choppy and slow
uncheck idle skipping in your game Properties
tho if that works you will get like 15 FPS

the other way around would be underclock the
Dolphin CPU to like 62% till you get 30 FPS back
(06-30-2016, 12:15 AM)akyryz Wrote: [ -> ]uncheck idle skipping in your game Properties
tho if that works you will get like 15 FPS

the other way around would be underclock the
Dolphin CPU to like 62% till you get 30 FPS back

Thank you disabling idle skipping worked but why would that cause cinematics and cutscenes to be choppy and slow if it is actually tp give you a speedup if it's enabled?
Do not disable idle skipping, you're desyncing the CPU and GPU threads and putting the game into situations it shouldn't be in. It makes them very liable to crash. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny is super lightweight, so I have no idea why you'd be running into slowdown with it. It's probably a configuration issue on your end. Or maybe the GTX 970; we've had weird performance issues with GTX 9xx cards that don't affect anything else.
that setting actually skips idles checks so it can run faster without waiting.
the problem is that cutscenes needs the idle checks to work, lets say like a timer to wait for a command.
so unchecking makes the emu wait for idles commands syncing the scene.
i would say that the emu is skipping too much affecting crucial commands to cinematic or maybe it is finally working like it should be. lol
Pages: 1 2