Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance on PCSX2 and Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, i recently did a huge upgrade to a XEON E5640 from a Phenom II, it's over 2x faster, and 1.9x faster in single thread clock for clock, running at 4ghz right now.

However i have speed issues with 1 games only, and that is Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance, and it's not just a problem with dolphin, i actually get the highest frame rate on Dolphin, but it's unplayable on PCSX2 too.

What kind of CPU power do we need for this game? I can run much harder games full speed, well i say harder, they look better and have a vaster world.

Also downloaded Dolphin 5.0, and i see it seems to be hiding options, might be due to me being on Windows 7 as the recent upgrade invalidated my Windows 10 activation Sad
(06-25-2016, 11:24 PM)HeX4 Wrote: [ -> ]Also downloaded Dolphin 5.0, and i see it seems to be hiding options, might be due to me being on Windows 7 as the recent upgrade invalidated my Windows 10 activation Sad

It's not supposed to be hiding any options. Which ones are you looking for that aren't there?
(06-25-2016, 11:35 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It's not supposed to be hiding any options. Which ones are you looking for that aren't there?

Well i saw the trailer for 5.0, no DX12 which is Windows 7, also all of the extra optimizations unless those are under the hood and not selectable?
(06-25-2016, 11:40 PM)HeX4 Wrote: [ -> ]no DX12 which is Windows 7

You're right, that option is missing if you're running on Windows 7.

(06-25-2016, 11:40 PM)HeX4 Wrote: [ -> ]also all of the extra optimizations unless those are under the hood and not selectable?

Most of Dolphin's optimizations don't have any associated settings. They're always turned on, because there's no reason to not use them.
(06-25-2016, 11:59 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, that option is missing if you're running on Windows 7.

Most of Dolphin's optimizations don't have any associated settings. They're always turned on, because there's no reason to not use them.

Ok thanks for the info, gonna try what i can to get may ass back on Win 10 and start using DX12.
Damn i actually managed to upgrade to Win 10 ! woot!

Dat multi thread score is better on Win 10, proves the OS does improve performance Big Grin

http://i.imgur.com/JPj2W4T.png

4.2ghz E5640, 32nm, 12MB cache, 4 cores 8 threads.
OK in DX12 some pretty big improvements though it's still not perfect, i'm also using LLE audio.

4xSSAA 1080P setting, per pixel lighting, normal hacks.

This part i'm showing in DX11 on Windows 10 was running at 47FPS at best.

[Image: 3xy1oLr.jpg]

Compared to PCSX2 on Windows 7, that was a lowly 29-33FPS.

In DX12 i get solid 60.
Does Baldur's Gate require LLE audio? because that's a lot slower than HLE audio. HLE audio is now way better than it used to be.
(06-26-2016, 03:04 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Does Baldur's Gate require LLE audio? because that's a lot slower than HLE audio. HLE audio is now way better than it used to be.

I never even knew this lol, i used HLE as i thought it would offer me a quality boost?
Quote:Hi all, i recently did a huge upgrade to a XEON E5640 from a Phenom II,
I would call that a huge downgrade instead , you basically downgrade from 1st gen Core I series 4 cores 8 threads to Phenom x II 4 cores 4 threads
If you take a look in Dolphin Benchmark , most if not all AMD CPUs do not perform well . Well , even i3 4130 can easily beat FX 8350 @ 5.0GHz
I OCed my A10 6790k to 5.0GHz too but it still slower than Pentium G 3258 stock speed in Dolphin !
And btw , how could you use dx12 with GTX 580 ? That GPU is Fermi and Nvidia supposedly dropped dx12 support for Fermi GPU

Edit : Never mind , what's wrong with my eyes ! This is a result for playing game too much
Pages: 1 2