Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 5.0 Dolphin not finding my Iso files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really odd thing to report, but when I tried to get the games to appear on my list of games, they wouldn't. It just loaded the game and would not show up in the list.
Double click on the label in the gamelist to add a directory.

Alternatively, Config > Paths
(06-25-2016, 05:09 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Double click on the label in the gamelist to add a directory.

Alternatively, Config > Paths

Thanks, I got it working. I don't know why it wasn't working initially, because I had the same folder set up in 4.0.2. I changed the folders and it worked.
I expect some config related things to get clobbered. We don't test updating very old configs through very new code all that often.
(06-25-2016, 05:18 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I expect some config related things to get clobbered. We don't test updating very old configs through very new code all that often.

Each ISO was previously in a separate folder inside a larger folder. I don't really know why, but it worked in the older version. I just moved them all into one folder and it worked.

What do I edit in order to get my old saves into 5.0?
(06-25-2016, 05:21 AM)Fallcrest Wrote: [ -> ]Each ISO was previously in a separate folder inside a larger folder. I don't really know why, but it worked in the older version. I just moved them all into one folder and it worked.

You can do that in 5.0 too. Just enable Search Subfolders in Config > Paths.

(06-25-2016, 05:21 AM)Fallcrest Wrote: [ -> ]What do I edit in order to get my old saves into 5.0?

Your savefiles should carry across automatically, unless you did something to move 4.0's config directory (for instance, using a portable.txt file).
Config > Paths > check "Include subfolders"
(06-25-2016, 05:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Your savefiles should carry across automatically, unless you did something to move 4.0's config directory (for instance, using a portable.txt file).

Well, I removed the entire Dolphin folder from where it was, put it on my desktop, and renamed it because I wanted to make sure it was a clean installation of Dolphin. I didn't really know how anything was going to transfer over so I just thought I would do it manually.
Which Dolphin folder? The one in Documents or the one that contains Dolphin.exe?
(06-25-2016, 05:58 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Which Dolphin folder? The one in Documents or the one that contains Dolphin.exe?

The one in documents.
Pages: 1 2