Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Damn it all, lost the controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Dolphin Bar, but even so, tracking down a Wiimote with built in WM+ that would work with Dolphin was a giant hassle. I just cleaned my house and it's looking like I might have thrown out my Wiimote by accident. It's gone, and I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to replace it. 

I must have pestered my local game shop for weeks testing out various 'motes. Can you guys help me out please? A 'mote on Ebay that is the right model would be great, but I'm willing to just buy one from whoever has one to spare directly, save me from not knowing if it will work. 
According to the wiki, you should be able to connect -TR Wiimotes (most of the Wiimotes with built-in M+) just fine, if you are using Windows 8 or newer, or using the DolphinBar. With OS X and Linux, it works pretty much out of the box with any official Wiimote you can find.
(06-24-2016, 07:45 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]According to the wiki, you should be able to connect -TR Wiimotes (most of the Wiimotes with built-in M+) just fine, if you are using Windows 8 or newer, or using the DolphinBar. With OS X and Linux, it works pretty much out of the box with any official Wiimote you can find.

I'm Windows 7. I remember having a lot of trouble finding one that would work. Some would connect but just not work with the emulator. Are you saying a 'mote with [color=#333333]RVL-CNT-01 will work?[/color]
If you have a DolphinBar (official review here), then it should work on Windows 7 using any Wiimote, non-TR or -TR. I think connecting -TR Wiimotes used to be a problem, but it's not an issue anymore now that the DolphinBar exists.
(06-24-2016, 07:52 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a DolphinBar (official review here), then it should work on Windows 7 using any Wiimote, non-TR or -TR. I think connecting -TR Wiimotes used to be a problem, but it's not an issue anymore now that the DolphinBar exists.

That's never been my experience. Even with Dolphinbar it was finicky as hell. I had three Wiimotes here and only one ever worked. I must have got them mixed up when I was throwing things out.
Hmm, which build were you on when you tried it? And it should work better with the latest builds (or 5.0).
(06-24-2016, 07:59 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, which build were you on when you tried it? And it should work better with the latest builds (or 5.0).

Build? You mean of Dolphinbar firmware? I'm not even sure how you'd check. 
He means of dolphin. Dolphinbar doesn't even work on 4.0.2. You would need the latest dev build.
(06-24-2016, 09:19 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]He means of dolphin. Dolphinbar doesn't even work on 4.0.2. You would need the latest dev build.

I have the latest right now. I believe I kept it up to date as I was using the Wiimote, but I haven't used it for a few months. I know that's not as thorough an answer as you need, so I apologize, I've just been burned almost every time I bought a Wiimote online.
Pages: 1 2