Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No internal resolution higher than 2× works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lapo

Hi, I have a very strange bug: 1× emulation works perfectly, 2× does improve the resolution as expected… but 3× and 4× have a result (slightly different but) quite similar to 1×.

I tried OpenGL and DirectX, same problem.
I tried releases 9204, 9426 and most recent 9459.

The strangest thing is that when I selected 6× everything slows down, so I guess it is trying to calculate at higher resolution, but the output just doesn't show any improvement over 1×.

Is there a setting somewhere I might have changed which would limit this?
Can you send screenshots of your graphical settings?

Also, did it use to work properly before?
Do you have RealXFB on?
What is your monitor resolution?

lapo

No it never workes before, first release I tried is 9204, recently, then tried latest ones trying to solve this.

Monitor resolution is 1920x1200, I usually keep it Windowed at a custom resolution which is almost 100% width and less in height.

I have Real XFB on.
That's your issue. Real XFB forces 1x IR currently.

lapo

[posted before reading previous message]

Oh, using Virutal XFB (or disabled) it works perfectly!
I was using the real one as it is suggested to Super Smash Bros, in order to have vignettes after a fight (but then who cares).
I wonder why Real XFB does work at 2× but not at anything higher than that.
(I'd expect for it to only work at 1×)
Real XFB doesn't work at any resolution other than native.

lapo

Well OK… but take a look at the screenshots (especially the jagged mountains)… it definitely looks better at 2× (but not at 3× and 4×). Strange.
RelaXFB doesn't force the game to 1x IR. It just forces it to output at 640x480. Rendering it at a higher resolution and then converting it back can sometimes add more data to it. It all makes sense.