Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin in VR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know I read a while back about Dolphin supporting VR at least in a rudimentary capacity. A big thing that I know is an issue is culling as well as needing a game that somewhat works with VR.

I am getting an HTC Vive here soon (I'm assuming this is supported?) and was wondering where I could find information on compatible games as well as a guide for setup games that are compatible. Any help would be appreciated.
Official Dolphin does not have VR support (at least not yet). There are third-party builds for it, but those are likely illegal because of license violations and will thus not be discussed here.
(06-15-2016, 07:00 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Official Dolphin does not have VR support (at least not yet). There are third-party builds for it, but those are likely illegal because of license violations and will thus not be discussed here.

What about that blog post where you guys were showing off Windwaker running in VR?
(06-15-2016, 11:05 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]What about that blog post where you guys were showing off Windwaker running in VR?

Like that blog post says, it was a prototype build. We don't have any builds with VR support available for download as far as I know.
AFAIK those videos were made with Armadas OSVR branch: https://github.com/Armada651/dolphin/commits/osvr

Feel free to use carlkenner's DolphinVR fork, but sadly, it's a GPL violation and so it can't be merged to master.
(06-15-2016, 09:35 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK those videos were made with Armadas OSVR branch: https://github.com/Armada651/dolphin/commits/osvr

Feel free to use carlkenner's DolphinVR fork, but sadly, it's a GPL violation and so it can't be merged to master.

What is a GPL violation? And thanks
(06-15-2016, 11:15 PM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]What is a GPL violation? And thanks

Dolphin's license is the GNU GPL (General Public License). GPL violation means that they haven't followed the terms of that license, which in this case is because the Oculus SDK's license has conflicting requirements.
(06-15-2016, 11:23 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin's license is the GNU GPL (General Public License). GPL violation means that they haven't followed the terms of that license, which in this case is because the Oculus SDK's license has conflicting requirements.

I'm definitely no expert on the subject so feel free to teach me but isn't OSVR an open source license? I thought it literally stood for Open Source Virtual Reality.
(06-15-2016, 11:29 PM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]I'm definitely no expert on the subject so feel free to teach me but isn't OSVR an open source license? I thought it literally stood for Open Source Virtual Reality.

OSVR (which we are using) uses an open source license. The Oculus SDK (which Carl Kenner is using) doesn't.
(06-15-2016, 11:41 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]OSVR (which we are using) uses an open source license. The Oculus SDK (which Carl Kenner is using) doesn't.

Alright so the OSVR that was linked isn't implemented into dolphin? I'm wanting to use a Vive headset anyway.
Pages: 1 2