Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with BBA, and PSO online play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I followed the instructions on the wiki for setting up OpenVPN and the TAP adaptor, bridging the two. I've chosen "BBA" in the Configure > Options > Gamecube menu, and I'm able to go through PSO's provider setup to put in the info for SchtServ.

When I go to Online, and choose my character and put in my serial & access key, it starts to load, but then comes up with a DHCP error (error 15) in game. Is this something I've failed to set up correctly on the OpenVPN/Dolphin side, or something wrong with the settings for SchtServ? I can't honestly think of it being the settings I put in because I double and triple checked them...
I just tried to setup using Sylverant and I'm still getting "Connection attempt failed. Failed to retrieve IP address from DHCP"...
did you register your serial and access key on those servers?

both require it.
Have you tried configuring the BBA for static IP? I use static IP and thus have never seen any DHCP errors.
IceStrike256 - yes, I have

Aleron - How would I do that?
When you go to the Network option in PSO to configure the BBA, type a fixed IP address for your GC to use (one that isn't in the DHCP range of your router and one that isn't used by any other machines on your network), a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the IP address of your router into the gateway/router field, and the IP address of the server you want to use into the DNS1 field (assuming that server provides DNS redirection, which Sylverant does).
Well, now we're making progress after I did the above. I get past the usual error point, and it goes to "connecting to DNS server".

Unfortunately, I now get:

No 102: You could not be connected to the server. Please check that your provider settings are correct before connecting. The line was disconnected".

Pressing start takes me back to the main screen. I tried back on SchtServ as well and got the same...
What IP address did you use for DNS1? Which server are you trying to use? You did bridge the TAP adapter with your Ethernet adapter and configure the bridge with the same settings your Ethernet adapter used to have before you bridged it, right?
(06-15-2016, 05:54 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]What IP address did you use for DNS1? Which server are you trying to use? You did bridge the TAP adapter with your Ethernet adapter and configure the bridge with the same settings your Ethernet adapter used to have before you bridged it, right?

For DNS1, I used the "main" server given in the list for Sylverant (67.222.144.120) and for SchtServ I used 74.91.127.175

I definitely bridged the connections but when I went back to Network adapter settings, they weren't any more... So I rebridged them, and same result.

In terms of configuring the bridge, I merely followed the instructions on https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...er#Windows

One thing I noticed is that the TAP adapter is showing as Network Cable Unplugged....
My only guess without being able to see your setup is that you either set wrong IP addresses when configuring the BBA, or your bridge isn't set up right. You might also want to check the Windows event log to see if you're getting any errors from the TAP.
Pages: 1 2