Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to net play with a friend, just won't work. Please help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my very first post so I'm sorry if I make a formatting error or whatever. The version of Dolphin my friend and I are using is 4.0.2. The game I'm trying to get working on net play is Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. I'm getting major desyncs as soon as the match starts. I tried other games like smash and they didn't work on net play either. We made sure all of our settings were the same and followed this troubleshooting guide. Is there an add-on or something that I'm missing? Please help. Thanks for reading.
Use a recent development revision instead of a two-year old release. Dualcore on netplay wasn't implemented until later on.
(06-11-2016, 05:01 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Use a recent development revision instead of a two-year old release. Dualcore on netplay wasn't implemented until later on.

Ok, I'll try that, didn't know it was that old or I would've tried it, lol.
(06-11-2016, 05:01 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Use a recent development revision instead of a two-year old release. Dualcore on netplay wasn't implemented until later on.

Tried downloading the latest dev version, now when we try to run a game it runs at like 1 fps with the audio all out of whack. Outside of netplay, everything runs fine. It also puts a message in the chat log saying possible desync at frame 0 so I doubt its fixed the desync issue. Any other suggestions?
Is DC determinism on auto? (Right click game normally)
(06-12-2016, 03:58 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Is DC determinism on auto? (Right click game normally)

Says its not set, what should I set it to?
I'm almost positive it sets itself to fake-completion if netplay is used. As for the desyncs, you'll need to make sure both of you have the exact same memory card file (one of you should send the other one the file), or turn off memory cards altogether if that's an option. As for why it's running at 1fps, I would need a little more information on both of your setups.
(06-12-2016, 09:56 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I'm almost positive it sets itself to fake-completion if netplay is used. As for the desyncs, you'll need to make sure both of you have the exact same memory card file (one of you should send the other one the file), or turn off memory cards altogether if that's an option. As for why it's running at 1fps, I would need a little more information on both of your setups.

Ok, what should I set the dual core setting to in that case? We tried turning off the memory cards but it didn't fix anything. We have more than capable p.c.s, if that's what you mean about our specs, the games run fine outside of netplay.
Alright, the next step would be confirming you both have a good dump of the game. Both of you should calculate the md5 of your ISO and make sure they are both the same.
(06-12-2016, 02:47 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, the next step would be confirming you both have a good dump of the game. Both of you should calculate the md5 of your ISO and make sure they are both the same.

But multiple games desync in the same fashion so surely it'd be quite the coincidence to have a bad dump of all of them right? I'll try what you said anyway, but I don't know how to calculate an md5, how might I do that?
Pages: 1 2