Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin hotkey mapping is mismatched.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently installed 4.0-6727 version of Dolphin for my Windows machine to be compatible with another version I have on a separate partition. In this version I seem to have found a bug, particularly that I am not able to use the 'load state' or 'save state' feature with the hotkeys I have assigned to my controller. The functions seem to be mismatched, I think to one of the 'load last state' or slot states, as opposed to a custom state from file. 'Save State' hotkey mapping is also mismatched.

I was wondering if somebody else could confirm this, and if this is the case perhaps let me know how I might resolve the issue? Is there some file I might, modify or replace to rectify the problem?

Thanks
Look at your hotkey settings
There's a hotkey manager in the options or tools menu.
(06-04-2016, 12:56 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]There's a hotkey manager in the options or tools menu.

I know where hotkey settings are, this is where I have been setting the hotkeys and discovered the bug. What im saying is that the functions that are being mapped are the wrong functions. They are either labeled wrong or the code is faulty.

PLease check 'Load Sate' & 'Save State' (the very last two items on the list of mappable items). Other items are mapping ok (havent tried them all though)

thanks
(06-04-2016, 06:28 AM)Bluerose5 Wrote: [ -> ]I know where hotkey settings are, this is where I have been setting the hotkeys and discovered the bug. What im saying is that the functions that are being mapped are the wrong functions. They are either labeled wrong or the code is faulty.

PLease check 'Load Sate' & 'Save State' (the very last two items on the list of mappable items). Other items are mapping ok (havent tried them all though)

thanks

Try deleting your config.
(06-04-2016, 07:49 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting your config.

I will try that, but I am hoping someone can confirm this bug.
It's not bugged in the latest development revision of Dolphin.

Use a recent build of Dolphin.
(06-04-2016, 11:01 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]It's not bugged in the latest development revision of Dolphin.

Use a recent build of Dolphin.

I am aware that it is not bugged in the recent build. That is why I posted the exact version number in my original post. I also explained the reason for using that version, which was about compatibility. Using a recent build will not help me resolve the issue, but thanks for the suggestion anyways. =) I simply need to know if this bug can be confirmed, and whether there is possible action to take to fix it in this version.
Why must you be stuck on 4.0-6727?
(06-04-2016, 11:52 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Why must you be stuck on 4.0-6727?

As I explained in the original post, it is a compatibility issue with another installation I have on a separate partition.
Pages: 1 2