Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TAS Playback Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason when recording my TAS it works differently depending on if it's dumping frames or not. When I play the input back from the save state frame, it functions exactly as it should. But when I try again and hit "Dump Frames" when playing back the input, it's off by more than a few frames, which screws up the entire thing. I follow the same protocol once I've started the game: Pause > Load Save State 9 > Enable Frame Dump > Enable Audio Dump > Load Input > Unpause. Yet, somehow, it works differently depending on if I skip the dump steps. The worst part is that it works fine if I skip the dumping, as if it's taunting me. I've tried starting the frame dump before starting the recording, but it still does the same thing. How can I actually record this?
I've never heard of a bug like this... but it sounds plausible that something is going wrong in the input setup. Maybe a Taser will help.
(05-30-2016, 02:13 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a Taser will help.

Don't TAS me bro
(05-30-2016, 02:13 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of a bug like this... but it sounds plausible that something is going wrong in the input setup. Maybe a Taser will help.

A taser or a TASer?
Both should work Wink
I'm pretty sure dolphin tas movies have a savestate in them. Can you highlight the game and then play the movie from there?
(05-30-2016, 10:55 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure dolphin tas movies have a savestate in them. Can you highlight the game and then play the movie from there?

The trouble is that the game is Project M, which I load through Gecko OS and an sd.raw, so there is no highlighting the game.
I don't know then. You could try tasing from gecko?
(05-31-2016, 11:06 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know then. You could try tasing from gecko?

You have to load the codes first (thus start PM), otherwise it's just vBrawl.