Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't save AT ALL for me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ZowxW9

I haven't used Dolphin for quite a long time.I wanted to play Animal Crossing so I downloaded Dolphin 4.0-9386.I set up where the games where and such,I then play a game,save, and close Dolphin. Next time I go to play nothing was saved!I check my controller settings, the path and the save.But there was nothing,I then later find it didn't create a Dolphin Emulator folder.The next two days I try
Dolphin 4.0-9392,I try 3.0, and then I tried the plain 4.0 (didn't even install right) but all three didn't save.Please can I get some help,I just want to play some Animal Crossing without having to get a real copy and not use it because my wii doesn't really play GCN games.

Note1: I did try to create my own Dolphin Emulator folder,didn't work.

Note2: I only got it to save the data for 2 days (2 hours and a day)
Set gc memory card to gci folder.
(05-28-2016, 11:55 AM)ZowxW9 Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to play some Animal Crossing without having to get a real copy.

Huh.

ZowxW9

(05-28-2016, 12:01 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Set gc memory card to gci folder.

I created another save but when I pressed convert to GCI it didn't show any saves.
It would normaly not show up when I exited Dolphin.

P.S Used 9399 for this but that still doesn't save right.

ZowxW9

(05-28-2016, 12:07 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Huh.
Minor mistake, My wii doesn't play gamecube games right so I didn't want to buy it for it to be trash and a waste of money
ZowxW9 Wrote:I just want to play some Animal Crossing without having to get a real copy.

ZowxW9 Wrote:Minor mistake, My wii doesn't play gamecube games right so I didn't want to buy it for it to be trash and a waste of money

That's very interesting! And irrelevant. Let's go over it for a second... You don't own a "real copy" and yet want to play it anyway, so you obtained it by other means. If you had borrowed a friends copy or something you wouldn't have said "get a real copy", because "get ... copy" implies ownership, aka you own a "fake" copy. And of course borrowing it would mean possessing a real copy as opposed to a fake one. Anyway! All of that is the chain of logic which leads to the obvious conclusion of "you downloaded it".

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules

Global Forum Rules Wrote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

*gets her magic moderator mallet*

Bye bye!

*WHAM*