Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: D3D12 crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GameCube games crash upon loading a save file in the D3D12 renderer.
This problem occurs in version 4.0-9308 and later, it does not occur in 4.0-9292 and prior versions of Dolphin.
As far as I know, this problem only effects GameCube games and not Wii games.
This only happens in the D3D12 backend, D3D11 works just fine.

The GameCube games I tested were Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime 2, which both crashed when I loaded my save files.
The Wii game I tested was Super Mario Galaxy 2, which loaded just fine.

This used to happen to me in earlier versions of Dolphin, and I would delete the dx12 shader cache files after every dx12 session as a temporary workaround.
This time however, deleting the dx12 shader cache files does not solve the problem.

My CPU is an i7 6700k, which I recently upgraded to from and AMD FX 6350. My GPU is an R9 280, and I plan on upgrading to Pascal or Polaris sometime this year.
My graphics driver is Crimson 16.5.3, AMD's most recent driver.
Does it crash if you turn off dual core mode in config?
Yes, it still crashes after disabling dual core.

tolissketos

just fo your information, any GCN 1.0, GPUS with these drivers, got problems with dx12 applications,

i roll back to Crimson 16.2.1.
(05-25-2016, 12:52 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Does it crash if you turn off dual core mode in config?

Nope it makes a buzzing noise when you try to cheat apparently it has an anticheat to disable cheats to run it