Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

[Image: 9OSD7WN3KU.jpg]

Sonic Adventure DX is essentially a port of the original Sonic Adventure, which launched alongside the Dreamcast in September 1999, but Sonic Team has thrown in a few extras to entice those who played the Dreamcast version and to extend the replay value of the game as a whole. Unfortunately, if you've already played the Dreamcast version, these extras definitely aren't worth your money. For everyone else, Sonic Adventure definitely has its moments, and some aspects of the game have held up reasonably well over the years, but it still has its fair share of problems, ranging from an unstable frame rate to some inconsistent collision detection.

Sonic Adventure DX is structured a little differently than its sequel, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, in that there's a hub area that Sonic and the other characters in the game have to find their way through to access the actual levels. The portions of the game that focus on this hub area seem a little pointless at times, particularly when all you have to do is take a key from one location to another, but most of the time it simply functions as a tool for advancing the plot.

Gamespot.com

General Settings
  • Dual Core: Enabled
  • Idle Skipping: Enabled
  • Unlimited JIT Cache: Disabled
  • LLE DSP on thread: Enabled
  • Optimize Quantiziers: Enabled
  • Dynamic Recompilation: Enabled
  • Watchdog: 60

OpenGL Settings

No special settings to mention

DSP Settings

No special settings to mention

Known Problems

No problems to mention so far, only minor slowdowns in game.

Overall

Game is playable at full speed and you can pass first boss with latest revisions. Speed is good, everything is pretty much perfect Big Grin Status: [color=#32CD32]Perfect[/color]

Screenshots/Videos

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask questions about the game here
cool! its finally (or always has been) perfect.
nice work.
What's the version of the game ( PAL , NTSC-U , NTSC-J ) ?
I think it will work with any. I have NTSC-U.
Thanks, and update your topic with a new games on perfect

1.Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2.XGRA
3.Sonic Adventure DX
This Game Is the recently Playable?
Or Not?
I've cleared 60% of Sonic's story so I think it's playable

EchoHunter

For some reason it won't play for me. It just puts up an error that says it had to be closed unexpectedly. It is right after the boss battle, when it says it is loading.
sonic adventure dx HAS a pc version, why bothering in playing it on dolphin? i understand that people wants to play re4 on dolphin cuz its pc ports is incredibly bad but SADX has a perfectly ported pc version.
Hey, I see that you guys recommend the LLE plug-in for this game. Is there any way to make that work without owning a wii? I know, I know, judge me for not buying the PC version. I OWN the Gamecube version, so I'd far rather get it working than buy another copy. Just need to squeeze a couple more frames per second out of it...
Pages: 1 2 3