Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quality in games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I see in videos that some players use Dolphin 1080p with superb quality eg in these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UouyVg70kRM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYRQP_DcsQ

I wondered, normally they do not utlisent texture, is not it?

I see FXAA, MSAA, etc ...

I do not know what to choose, how to do?

What is the best ?

And I see native resolution, upscale, I read that if one upscale used do not need to FXAA, because-upscale uses AA?

I am a little lost

thank you in advance
FXAA is nice if your computer's GPU is very very weak and cannot handle proper AA or higher resolutions.

If your GPU isn't awful, you can use whatever internal resolution is native to your display and use MSAA to smooth out the edges. If your GPU is good you can use SSAA, which is higher quality and will also apply AA on effects that MSAA can't touch.

Never use an internal resolution that is higher than your monitor's resolution in Dolphin. We don't support downsampling that way, instead we provide SSAA in the AA list, which is also nice because it lets your GPU take some shortcuts to make it faster.
There are 2 dolphin emulator downloads , download the 2 the low one on page and try it modded dolphin emulator.
in the video the dolphin doesn't work right but I think you find the gpu is not set on the right setting and it works.
[LINK REMOVED]
Don't advertise downloads to Dolphin from sites that aren't this one.
See our policy on advertising in the Global Forum rules. Also, this kind of crosses sections with the custom Dolphin builds.

Anyway, link removed.
(05-10-2016, 12:08 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]FXAA is nice if your computer's GPU is very very weak and cannot handle proper AA or higher resolutions.

If your GPU isn't awful, you can use whatever internal resolution is native to your display and use MSAA to smooth out the edges. If your GPU is good you can use SSAA, which is higher quality and will also apply AA on effects that MSAA can't touch.

Never use an internal resolution that is higher than your monitor's resolution in Dolphin. We don't support downsampling that way, instead we provide SSAA in the AA list, which is also nice because it lets your GPU take some shortcuts to make it faster.

Thank you for everything, so if I understand, one that gives the best quality is SSAA, which is more "beautiful" than FXAA?

In terms of downsampling, my screen is 1080p, so I do not exceed 1080p in resolution of Dolphin, this is what you are saying?
(05-10-2016, 12:35 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]See our policy on advertising in the Global Forum rules. Also, this kind of crosses sections with the custom Dolphin builds.

Anyway, link removed.

can I put the download from mediafile without add
Dolphin 4 0 9146 JIT64IL DC Direct3D 11 HLE FPS 60 VPS 60
and that you video name for anyone:-)
(05-10-2016, 12:57 PM)Eloka Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for everything, so if I understand, one that gives the best quality is SSAA, which is more "beautiful" than FXAA?

In terms of downsampling, my screen is 1080p, so I do not exceed 1080p in resolution of Dolphin, this is what you are saying?

Exactly.

In terms of visual quality

FXAA < MSAA < SSAA

FXAA being the fastest, SSAA being the slowest.

As for the second part, yes. In the Internal Resolution option, don't set it above "3x"
(05-10-2016, 01:50 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly.

In terms of visual quality

FXAA < MSAA < SSAA

FXAA being the fastest, SSAA being the slowest.

As for the second part, yes. In the Internal Resolution option, don't set it above "3x"

FXAA emulator by the way, do the games work at all or break down for most of them?
had a look at the emulator program try putting on Graphics Configurtion Enhancements  ANTI-Aliasing turn on to None and then turn Internal Resolution from 1080 to 5k 5k sounds good but need to much power to run?
maybe set on 1080 and then set up General Backend to your pc driver setting and try low then 1080 if slow on screen movement.??? might work? if you the emu that got the like got deleted or one like it try General Backend on Direct3D 11
Adapter intel® HD Graphics XXXX Full screen Resolution :XXXxXXX and ASPECT RATIO FORCE 16:9 nothing else Enhancements Internal ResoltionSad1920x1584) for 1080p Anisotropic Filtering: x16 ant-Aliasing None Sterecopic 3D MODE OFF leave anythinh eles HACKs *Store EFB Copies to texture ONLY Extrect Frame Buffer (XFB) *Disable OTHER turn on both Configtion Basic Settings turn on all 3 a select "Unlimited" Advanced Setting CPU EMULATOR Engine *JITIL Recompiler (slow, experimental) nothing eles selected Audio DSP HLE emulator (fast) and Auidio Backed Xaudio2nothing eles wii * Use PAL60 Mode (EuRGB60) Aspect Ratio 16:9 System Languuane English and Device Insert SD Card nothing eles and from file extract or install it might work better or some vere like that setup a got a lap top Geforce 820m got to go try Ehanemente internal resolution try 720p and turn it from "Unlimited" to 100% normal speed then try lower than 720p if it a bit to slow. Rolleyes
Thank you for your help friends, so

You mean
"FXAA <MSAA <SSAA

FXAA Being the fastest, SSAA Being the slowest. "

This means that FXAA is less beautiful than SSAA, and SSAA is slower because there is more beautiful?

Slower what does that mean? It requires more resources?

As for the second part, yes. In the Internal Resolution option, do not set it above "3x"

I must not exceed 3x-because I have a 1080p if I understand?
If I would have had a 4K resolution I could have 4x right?

There is also anisotropic filtering and post-processing effect and I do not know what to choose either

For anisotropic filter there is 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x

And for post-processing effects there are many choices I lost there too ^^

Thank you in advance
Pages: 1 2