Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quality in games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes. FXAA is very fast, but doesn't look very good. SSAA is very slow and uses a lot of resources, but gives the best visual quality.

And yes. If you have 1080p, stay at 3x max. I think 4k is 4 or 5x. I don't remember off the top of my head. Dolphin's configuration interface should tell you.

Ansiotropic Filtering should be fine to set at 16x. There are some games that glitch out at any setting over 1x, but those are documented in the Dolphin wiki if a game has AF glitches.

Post processing is just filters. You can ignore that. (I think FXAA exists in that selection, but whatever)
With a GTX 750ti it is possible to use SSAA? No slowdown? Or I need a better graphics card?

Slow that means the game will not be fluid?

Put to x16 is better quality than x1? X1 or the quality is better?

Yes there FXAA, I put FXAA, but I think the most important is the anti aliasing?

The post-processing is not very important?

Thank you for your invaluable help I understood many things in a short time with you
750ti should be fine for SSAA. I would also use the DirectX 12 backend if it works for your games.

EDIT: Yes 16x is highest quality
Anisotropic breaks lots of videos. Not sure how good is having this on more than 1x
(05-11-2016, 12:19 PM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Anisotropic breaks lots of videos. Not sure how good is having this on more than 1x

Anisotropic is cheap, so you can safely use high numbers, I find 8x a good balance on quality, so I stick to it so I can use SSAA for antialias.
Pages: 1 2