Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I would climb a computer to Dolphin emulator for play Wii and GameCube games, and I wondered if an i5 4690K and a graphics card GTX 750ti enough to run games at 1080p (Ultra)?

Thank you in advance
Yeah, that will be fine.
Thank you, I do not have a problem for games in ultra? For example Zelda Twilight princess, etc ... And the GameCube games

Thank you for your answer
Well, it's an emulator. There's no "ultra" setting.

But, assuming your system is set up properly, you'll play at full speed, 1080p, and can turn on enhancements in the graphics settings without having to worry much. Especially if you run Windows 10 and use the DirectX 12 graphics backend
Thank you, normally I should not have any problem, the wii games is not native 1080p?

Ah yes, I forgot, a bluetooth dongle to advise me? Or that have no importance? I see motherboards also have integrated Bluetooth
If you want to play Wii games, I highly recommend a Dolphin bar.

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wire...B00HZWEB74

The reason I recommend this is because it has both bluetooth and the infrared lights the Wiimote needs to function, all in one device. You plug it in, set it to mode 4, and you're done.

If you don't want to go with that for some reason, pretty much any Bluetooth dongle will work. You will just have to provide your own infrared light source for the Wiimote for games that use the pointing.
Thank you, the Bluetooth card is integrated into the bar, as a bluetooth usb right?

Oh I did not know, if I take a simple bluetooth dongle it will not work because of the infrared?

I would never slowing with Zelda, Resident Evil, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Kart wii, Mario Kart 8, Okami etc?

Thank you
If you only have a Bluetooth dongle and no infrared LEDs, you won't be able to use the Wiimote's pointer. Some games need it to work (The Legend of Zelda), others don't (Mario Kart Wii for example).

Mario Kart 8 is a Wii U game.

Other than that, your new config should run all games (maybe not all, but 99%) at full speed, with no slowdowns (except shader compilation stuttering, which is currently unavoidable) and with graphical enhancements.
Thank you for your reply,

I think I understand, in the infrared makes it to the pointer as Resident Evil, Zelda etc, when to "aim"?

I could not use the graphical improvements with my graphics card?

I see you have a GTX 660, it's better than the GTX 750ti?

thank you in advance
I don't have Resident Evil, so I can't answer that -- but for the Wii version of TP and for SS, yes, you need infrared to aim and in TP, to select things in menus. For SS, you need it or the Motion+ will desync fairly quickly.

You can definitely use graphical improvements with a GTX 750 Ti. Sorry if I worded that poorly.

The GTX 660 is slightly (I think) better than the GTX 750 Ti, but I don't think the difference is that big for Dolphin. Also, the 750 Ti is newer, is based on a newer architecture and uses less power.
Pages: 1 2 3