Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 0xc00007b. Have tried EVERYTHING. Read inside.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, Dolphin forums. This is my first post because I just can't handle my frustration anymore. I NEED HELP.

I'm getting 0xc00007b when trying to start my Dolphin 4.0-7840. No biggie, right? DX error. Have seen this multiple times. Just search the forums, the whole internet and someone will probably help you!

Wrong. Wrooooong.

I have installed c++ packs (2010, 2015), uninstalled all of them and installed them again, deleted xinput_1,2,3.dll after solving the "SECURED BY TRUSTEDINSTALLER" and ran dxwebsetup.exe, ran system scans, used runtime programs to replace broken dlls, even got dlls from a friend that has a working dolphin on him, NOTHING WORKED.

Funny fact: The last 32 bit version works, but my system is 100% sure 64x (checked the computer properties).

I have searched the whole forum! NOTHING from these threads helped me!! What do i do? Sad
If you needed to touch the .dll files by hand, something went horribly wrong before that. What error is this exactly?

First try to repair some damage, run "sfc /scannow":
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Then make sure that you have the 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed and not the 32 bit version. Having both is also fine.

And then let windows do all updates.
(04-29-2016, 08:35 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]If you needed to touch the .dll files by hand, something went horribly wrong before that. What error is this exactly?

First try to repair some damage, run "sfc /scannow":
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Then make sure that you have the 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed and not the 32 bit version. Having both is also fine.

And then let windows do all updates.

I've done the repair before and windows found some errors! I'm gonna do it again and post the log here. Also, i have the 64x Visual C++ installed.

Can I get logs from the 0xc00007 error? I'll post both of them to you.

EDIT: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker process to find the corrupted file, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

EDIT2: CBS.log: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1u54y4...81/CBS.log

SFC System Scan showed these results:

"MIcrosoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Todos os direitos reservados.

Initiating file verification. The process will take a few minutes to be concluded (i'm translating this because i'm Brazillian)

The protection of Resources from Windows found corrupted archives and can't correct some of them. The details are located in CBS.log.

Observe that, in the moment, there is no support for registering in log in scenarios of offline instalation

C:Windows/System32."
0xc000007b is always from putting a 32bit dll where a 64bit dll belongs
you should not be getting dlls from any of these methods
Quote:used runtime programs to replace broken dlls, even got dlls from a friend that has a working dolphin on him, NOTHING WORKED.

its even in the FAQ https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#applic...0xc000007b

you'll first need to remove whichever dll this was. first remove the x_input dll from windows/system32
don't try to fix it, just see what error you get when you open dolphin
Try to open dolphin, if you get a missing dll error success, but if you get the 0xc000007b error, this was not the only one that is the wrong version.

Repeat this for every dll you added to system32. Once dolphin/windows reports a missing dll, rather than a 0xc0000007b error, you'll need to install the 64 bit dlls from the *official* source

probably https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145
but reply here once you get a missing dll error from dolphin
(04-30-2016, 07:20 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]0xc000007b is always from putting a 32bit dll where a 64bit dll belongs
you should not be getting dlls from any of these methods

its even in the FAQ https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#applic...0xc000007b

you'll first need to remove whichever dll this was. first remove the x_input dll from windows/system32
don't try to fix it, just see what error you get when you open dolphin
Try to open dolphin, if you get a missing dll error success, but if you get the 0xc000007b error, this was not the only one that is the wrong version.

Repeat this for every dll you added to system32. Once dolphin/windows reports a missing dll, rather than a 0xc0000007b error, you'll need to install the 64 bit dlls from the *official* source

probably https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145
but reply here once you get a missing dll error from dolphin

Finally a developer.

(For some reason i forgot to mention that I read the FAQ. )

I'm not a newcomer to these things, so I wouldn't be posting in this forum if I actually hadn't tried EVERYTHING, like i said Tongue .

Anyways, I'll edit for you with the errors later on.
First, just because we have developer tags, doesn't mean our opinions mean more than others. We just know things about the code we worked on. Spoiler. mimimi is a dev too, they just don't have tags for some reason.

Second, he's right. That error is because your DLLs are screwed up. You'll need to fix your OS. I'm not really sure how you should go about doing that since you've claimed to have read the FAQ, but that's the fact of the matter.

Sorry I'm not more help, but that was bugging me.
(05-01-2016, 06:44 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]First, just because we have developer tags, doesn't mean our opinions mean more than others. We just know things about the code we worked on. Spoiler. mimimi is a dev too, they just don't have tags for some reason.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to give the impression that you shouldn't listen to mimimi (who has developed much more than me; I haven't had time to actively develop lately)

I keep an eye on the forums, and this error is one of my pet peeves that I just have to comment on.
I wasn't trying to say you didn't read the FAQ, the thing is the faq is for the latest dolphin revision, the version that you mention appear like it needs the VS2013 CRT
Oh I know. I'm commenting on OPs "Finally, a dev"

There's lots of people here who don't contribute code but are very adept at troubleshooting issues!
What?? I didn't say anything about mimimi's post.

EDIT: I just said it because i didn't think someone who actually helps with programming would answer such an apparent easy topic like this one (it's not f**** easy by the way).

I'm going to see my machine later on today and i'll edit the errors.

EDIT2: The error that came up was MSVCP.DLL missing one. Like the initial error I had. What should I do from this?

EDIT3: Tried a third time and instead of putting the MSVCP140.dll into system32 or systemWOW64, put it into the dolphin folder, and got the 0xc00007 error again.
(05-01-2016, 08:26 PM)juiey2 Wrote: [ -> ]What?? I didn't say anything about mimimi's post.

EDIT: I just said it because i didn't think someone who actually helps with programming would answer such an apparent easy topic like this one (it's not f**** easy by the way).

I'm going to see my machine later on today and i'll edit the errors.
I don't know what you're trying to achieve on this: people give you advice on how to solve this problem and because it 'looks easy' you disregard it. Furthermore, you only want to accept help from people with fancy tags just because you expect them to have more experience on it, whereas in this case it doesn't even matter.
Pages: 1 2