Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dynamic Rendered Resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GavinDude

I think it would be an awesome idea to add dynamic rendered resolutions. I have a macbook air as my only computer. In many games, some areas can be at a higher resolution with full framerate than others. I don't want to exit the game and touch the keyboard just to get the best performance out of my computer. Here are some of the things that may work:
(if the game was 30fps)

-every time framerate drops below 28 for more than 5 seconds lower resolution 1 notch*

-every time the game is CAPABLE of running at 35fps at current res (not sure how dolphin would be able to tell that) for more than 5 seconds increase resolution 1 notch

(if the game was 60 fps)

-every time framerate drops below 56 for more than 5 seconds lower resolution 1 notch

-every time the game is CAPABLE of running at 67fps at current resolution for than 5 seconds increase resolution 1 notch

(all)

-does not go above your monitor's resolution

-does not go below native

Wouldn't that be really useful?

*by notch i do not mean pixel, i mean like 1x native, 1.5x native, etc
Some games get really broken really fast if you start changing IRs on it.
I thought about something like that too, but I guess it would be a bit complicated to implement. As an alternative, you can configure hotkeys to increase/decrease the IR without exiting the game at all. You could even map that to buttons on your controller, but it's not as convenient.