Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Neplay Hangs when using Pads 2,3 and 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been looking every for a solution and couldn't find a single thing on it, and if I did no one responded to it so I guess I'll make a thread on it.

Whenever I use netplay on dolphin it runs 100% perfectly, however, when I change myself to be set as GC Port 2,3 or 4, the game window pops up but hangs on a black screen and does absolutely nothing until I close it (I can't even close sometimes I have to Alt+F4 the window occasionally). GC Port 1 also does not work if I have "Enable Dual Core" checked and reproduces the same problem as the other GC Ports, but If I uncheck it, it works perfectly.

This becomes a major problem if I want to play netplay with friends because if I set them to any of the GC Ports that don't work, it of course, doesn't work for both me and them (It does however start to work if I close the netplay window, but that of course disconnected us).

I have also tried the latest version of Dolphin, and many other versions but none have worked and they all have the same problem.
Deleting my Dolphin settings in Documents does not work either

So I'm simply here to ask if anyone could help?
If you need to look at my settings just ask and I'll post a screenshot, however my Dolphin settings are exactly the same as the one here: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/  (Other than Dual Core which I explained why I disabled it)
What games is this issue happening in?
What specific versions of Dolphin are you using?
(04-07-2016, 11:45 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What games is this issue happening in?
What specific versions of Dolphin are you using?

The games I want to try to work are the Taiko no Tatsujin games and Dokapon Kingdom, however, when I tried other gamecube games such as Melee, it did not work still.

I am also using 4.0-7840 at the moment, but as I said I tried others and they did not work
Try with the latest dev build 4.0-9198, and in the folder with Dolphin.exe create a blank text file named "portable.txt" (without the quotes). This will run Dolphin without it looking in the Global user directory so that we can try and narrow down where the issue comes from.
(04-07-2016, 11:51 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try with the latest dev build 4.0-9198, and in the folder with Dolphin.exe create a blank text file named "portable.txt" (without the quotes). This will run Dolphin without it looking in the Global user directory so that we can try and narrow down where the issue comes from.

I downloaded the latest version and created a text file called "portable.txt" and nothing appears to have changed.
(I'm also not sure if something was suppose to appear inside the portable text file after I launched Dolphin but there appears to be nothing inside the text file)
Try removing the".txt" part from the name. Your computer may be auto adding the .txt after it so that it would be "portable.txt.txt"
(04-07-2016, 12:04 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try removing the".txt" part from the name. Your computer may be auto adding the .txt after it so that it would be "portable.txt.txt"

I'm not that dumb Tongue but I tried both anyway and nothing has changed, the problem still occurs
Just covering all the bases Smile

Hmmmm...... can you post pictures of your settings? (upload to somewhere like imgur, and then link here is the easiest way)
(04-07-2016, 12:15 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Just covering all the bases Smile

Hmmmm...... can you post pictures of your settings? (upload to somewhere like imgur, and then link here is the easiest way)

Here is the link: http://imgur.com/a/waaoa

Dual Core is disabled because of the reason I said above and I also tried changing it to Direct3D and it's still the same.
I don't know if this will help, but try setting a memory card to slot A.
Also make sure that you don't have any pending Windows updates.
Pages: 1 2