Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rip Sound Effects from Super Monkey Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nopington

I'm trying to find where sounds are kept in SMB because I'd really like to have the "READY? GO!" audio for my personal use. Tongue I've extracted all of the game's files using Dolphin, but the way everything's structured just doesn't make any sense to me as I've never done this before. I have Winamp with the vgmstream plugin for listening to audio (if I ever actually find it), but I just really don't know where I should look.
The game has a folder called "snd" that presumably has all the games audio files. I found the ingame music just fine, but I'm unfortunately not sure where the voices are, or if they're in a format we can play. By the way, for stuff like this, I recommend downloading foobar2000 and the vgmstream plugin.
You can record audio in Dolphin via the Movie menu. Then you only need some tool to cut the audio to only the sound that you want.

Nopington

(03-23-2016, 01:46 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]The game has a folder called "snd" that presumably has all the games audio files. I found the ingame music just fine, but I'm unfortunately not sure where the voices are, or if they're in a format we can play.

Yeah, I see all the music there too, but I wasn't able to locate any voices or other sounds either.

(03-23-2016, 08:03 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]You can record audio in Dolphin via the Movie menu. Then you only need some tool to cut the audio to only the sound that you want.

Seems that I may just resort to that if I don't find anything in the next few days.

NoahTehFox

(03-23-2016, 07:35 AM)Nopington Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to find where sounds are kept in SMB because I'd really like to have the "READY? GO!" audio for my personal use. Tongue

Hey look, someone I can possibly help.

Download the mp3s here (link removed)

Careful, they might be louder than you think.  If you need more, just use the DEBUG code for the game.

Just press start on the game menu to get to the DEBUG menu.  Then go to sounds.  Use a recording program to get what you want and edit it.

Everybody wins. .w .
Posting URLs to music is definitely iffy. No ban this time, but please do not do it again.

Btw, SEGA is soooo bad about DMCA takedowns, never post rips from them! ...or any game, but especially not one from SEGA.

NoahTehFox

(05-21-2016, 03:47 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Posting URLs to music is definitely iffy. No ban this time, but please do not do it again.

Btw, SEGA is soooo bad about DMCA takedowns, never post rips from them! ...or any game, but especially not one from SEGA.

I was so overtaken by the urge to help someone that I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry.
I'm having audio problems with Super Monkey Ball 2 as well. Everything works flawlessly except for World 7 (Bubbly Washing Machine). I can only play one level (with in game music), and every time I go into a new level (just in World 7) there is NO in game music. I tried changing the audio settings from CoreAudio to OpenAL and back again, and I tried the different DSP emulator engines (DSP HLE emulation, DSP LLE recompiler, and DSP LLE interpreter), and I always have that problem.

Again, the audio is flawless EXCEPT for World 7. How do I fix this problem? It's really getting on my nerves since that's my favorite music in the game!!
Please see our rules about necroposting:

Quote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

If you have issues with Super Monkey Ball 2, please ask for help here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...key-ball-2

Alternatively, make a new thread in the Support forum.