Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Melee HD. A how to??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JumpuFoJoy

Hello! So I wanted to post this in the HD Texture Projects Board. But For some reason it won't let me post there (there isn't a "New Thread" button on the top right of the page). So I'll post this here instead.

I recently watched some Melee HD videos on youtube. Here's A gameplay video. And here is a quick rundown on the possibilities of Melee HD.

My question is how do you do this? I already have the 20xx Hack Pack installed. How do you convert melee to a 1920x1080 display like in the gameplay video (I always have black bars on both sides of my screen)?
How do you turn on anit-aliaisng for those smooth edges? Are the textures just HD? Where can I get these skins (I thought they were not out yet)?

The quality of melee in the gameplay video is amazing. How can I turn my regular iso of melee into the HD version seen in these videos??
Just click the graphics icon, go to enhancements, and set the IR high enough (if you're also using AA, 3x is what you want for 1080p). You can also set the AA there. As for "un-letterboxing," what you'll want to do is enable the Gecko Code entitled "Proper 16:9 Widescreen support" by right-clicking Melee in your games list, going into properties, and checking it in the "Gecko codes" tab. You'll also need to make sure "Enable cheats" is checked in the main (not graphics) config window, and on the first page of the graphics config, set Aspect Ratio to "Stretch to Window." By the way, the 20XX hack pack has nothing to do with the graphics of the game.

If you want to go a step further, you can also use custom HD textures. Someone started a project that's maintain on GitHub. You can download the master branch with the Download Zip button, which will give you some random files and a folder called GALE01 (this is Melee's NTSC-U Game ID; if your Melee is from a different region, just change the name of the folder to match the Game ID). The folder is all you need. Put that folder in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Load/Textures. Then, in Dolphin, check "load custom textures" in the advanced tab of the graphics config. If you have enough RAM, also check "prefetch custom textures."

Also, the reason you can't post in the HD Texture Project forums is because the only new threads meant to be posted there are actual projects people are making, and you need a certain number of posts to make a thread there yourself anyway.