Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Textures issues (vid inside)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I would like to report and ask for help with this problem.
As you can see in this short clip the textures far from camera loosing all the details.

It almost look like there is a different texture for different range.
Im curently working on huge 4k ready textures pack, but
it doesnt matter if you use custom hd textures or default. The glitch is very visible anyway.

Appreciate any advice or feedback.
Thanks!
Does this happen when using the real hardware?
(03-04-2016, 08:53 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen when using the real hardware?

Cant confirm, I dont own Wii console anymore.
But my friend say NO.
(03-04-2016, 09:23 PM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]Cant confirm, I dont own Wii console anymore.
But my friend say NO.

If you don't own a WII, how'd you get the game?
(03-04-2016, 09:34 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't own a WII, how'd you get the game?

Well I own every hockey game ever released from 93 Big Grin
In which country you live that they force you to buy console with the game?
Looks like some kind of LOD, or for textures, mipmaps. Mipmaps are allowed to change their look and feel per level, but it's usually a no-go. As you want to create a texture pack, just dump the textures and check if this are different textures, or just different mipmap levels. If second, you can "fix" it with force-enable texture filtering (gfx - hacks), but in this way, it would also happen on the real hardware. If there are two textures, no idea....
Oh, and please try again at 1xIR. Filtering is affected by IR.
Thanks for the tips, will try everything as you said!

Just tell me please what is 1xIR?
Im not very exprerienced still in this Smile

Thanks!
(03-05-2016, 01:06 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]Just tell me please what is 1xIR?

It means setting the internal resolution to 1x (native).
so all mipmaps looks the same. They are just smaller and smaller..
force filtering didnt help with this, it somehow broke other things tho. There are black lines now around some textures.